Ramps.....help me out - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #11  
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys........I will probably go out and get some rhino ramps and a couple blocks of wood this week
mynameismike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #12  
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I have the autozone "rhino" ramps and they've been really tough. I'll NEVER go back to metal ramps again. sooo much easier to move around.

Hell, I couldn't do anything w/o a good set of ramps. From oil changes to suspension to exhaust work you NEED some good ramps.

And a couple of quality jackstands along with a good 30'' lift floor jack.
Rubrignitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #13  
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I'm pining for a garage lift, bench grinder and a mig welder. Then I would never have to take my car anywhere.... for anything... sigh.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #14  
.boB
3rd Gear Member

www.kwiklift.com

I have a set of these, and they're great. All of my vehicles fit on them without trouble. Makes any undercar job or suspension work incredibly easy. No more crawling on the ground to do a brake job or swap tires.
.boB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #15  
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I got a set of rhino ramps from Autozone, and every time I try to drive up the ramps they slide out from underneath my car. They have a small piece of rubber on the bottom near the front that is supposed to keep them from sliding, but it fails miserably. My advice is to get something that is heavy and won't move from under you. The only way that I can get my car up on them is to move a parking space cement bumper and place it behind the ramps. Needless to say, its a pain.
JasperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 PM   #16  
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .boB View Post
www.kwiklift.com

I have a set of these, and they're great. All of my vehicles fit on them without trouble. Makes any undercar job or suspension work incredibly easy. No more crawling on the ground to do a brake job or swap tires.
I've seen the garage lifts for about $2k so that doesn't seem like a great deal when the hydraulic garage lifts will allow you to stand.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #17  
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperGT View Post
I got a set of rhino ramps from Autozone, and every time I try to drive up the ramps they slide out from underneath my car. They have a small piece of rubber on the bottom near the front that is supposed to keep them from sliding, but it fails miserably. My advice is to get something that is heavy and won't move from under you. The only way that I can get my car up on them is to move a parking space cement bumper and place it behind the ramps. Needless to say, its a pain.
I drive my car up to where it needs to be then jam the rhino ramps up under the front tires. No movement whatsoever when driving up.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #18  
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubrignitz View Post
I drive my car up to where it needs to be then jam the rhino ramps up under the front tires. No movement whatsoever when driving up.
Same here.
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote