Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default .

EDIT: Got answer, didn't look down the page.

One thing I had come across with my 1st 05 was that I was having difficulty filling it up at the pump.

I would place the nozzle into the car, and start pumping. It would instantly cut off, as if the car was full. I would squeeze the nozzle again, only to have it stop once again. This made filling the tank the first two times a pain in the ****, I feel more for my friend, he had his for two weeks before I discovered how to get around this dilema.

My friend who has a 05' 350Z had the same problem. It happened at every pump he and I both used, so it was the cars not the pumps. I do not have this problem with my truck.

I did solve the problem. I found that by inverting the nozzle I no longer had the problem, and it still cut off at the proper time. I looks like you are filling a tank at a nascar race.

Does anyone know what causes this?

Old 05-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gas Pump Problems

Do a search on this site......there is TSB on the problem......the dealership will fix the problem.

Requires a new tank!, mine had the same problem.(Beware of a faulty fuel level sender unit(two of them) after the work is done though.)

Good luck,

later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/B160414526E54448864E0943BE37E7E4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

gas tank filling issues? hmm . . . . you're the first and only person who's had this problem. yeah, i know there are at least a hundred thousand threads on this very topic, but don't be fooled .. you're the only one with the gas tank "issue" . . . sorry . .

(also, if you're having problems with your shaker skipping, again, everybody else's works just fine. ignore all the threads that talk about "shaker skipping" etc.)
Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

wow, lazy me, didn't see it.