Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM

Old 09-15-2008, 08:36 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Default ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM

I know for a fact that my car has this since dome light concel has the holes in it for the interior alarm. So...how do you turn it on/program it?? I saw something on this once but I can't remember where at.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Arming the System

When armed, the active anti-theft system is designed to notify you of an unauthorized entry. When unauthorized entry or towing occurs, the system will flash the turn signal lamps and interior lamps and sounds the security horn.

The system is ready to arm whenever the key is out of the ignition. Any of the following actions will arm the alarm system:
• Press the remote transmitter lock control one time to arm the system.
• Lock all doors using the interior power lock switch while the driver or passenger door is open and then becomes closed.
• Lock the driver door with the key in the key lock cylinder (this will not however arm the interior motion or vehicle incline sensing systems or lock the passenger door).
If all the closures (doors, trunk, hood) are closed, the turn signal lamps will flash once. If any closure is not properly closed the parklamps will not flash.
Note: Locking the driver door with the key does not lock the passenger door. Use the power door lock control or manually lock the passenger door to ensure the vehicle is properly secured. The system will wait 20 seconds after locking before triggering an alarm.
After the 20–second pre-arm phase, the power door unlock control is disabled (for more information, refer to Power door trim switch inhibit section earlier in this chapter) to further protect your vehicle.

Disarming the system
You can disarm the active anti-theft system by any of the following
actions:
• Unlock the doors by using the remote entry transmitter.
• Unlock the driver’s door with the key in the door lock cylinder.
• Turn the ignition to the 3 (ON) position with a programmed coded ignition key.
Note: Unlocking the trunk inhibits the motion and tilt sensing systems, but the system continues to monitor the doors and hood. Once the trunk becomes closed the motion and tilt sensing systems will re-arm.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

now is this on all cars or is this a factory option?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

It's a factory option. As the OP mentioned, look at your dome lights. If you see two motion sensors mounted on the corners of the bezel, you have the active alarm system.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:00 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

See that just it, I have the motion alarm in my dome lights but, I can arm the system and they will not alarm. I have checked this my arming the system and leaving a window down so I could put my hand in there and wave it around and no alarm sounded. I was at a show just the other day and the guy next to me had his on with the windows down and just soon as you put your hand in the car the alarm sounded. Plus, when he arms his system you hear a double beep from it which mine does not do. The thing now is to find out why mine is not working the way it should.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
08 redauto

I have the Active Anti Theft System on my 08, and mine does not double beep when armed. The horn just makes a quick honk. When I have the windows down and doors locked and I stick my hand into the car the system goes off (horn, lights, lots of noise). I do have to have my arm about a foot or so into the car before it goes off.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Locking the doors
1. Press and release to lock all the doors. Note: The interior lamps will turn off (unless the dome lamp control is in the full-up position), and the turn signal lamps will flash if all doors, trunk and hood (if equipped with active anti-theft system) are closed and locked. If the vehicle is not equipped with the active anti-theft system, the turn signal lamps will flash if all doors and the trunk are closed and locked.

2. Press and release again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors are closed and locked. Note: The doors will lock again, the horn will chirp once and the turn signal lamps will flash once more.

If any of the doors, trunk or hood (if equipped with active anti-theft system) are not properly closed the horn will make two quick chirps and the turn signal lamps will not flash. If the vehicle is not equipped with the active anti-theft system, the horn will make two quick chirps and the turn signal lamps will not flash if the doors and the trunk are not closed and locked.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ok, I got a VIN print out for my car and it does have the "Perimeter Alarm With Intruder/Sensor" installed so now I have to find out why its not working or it needs to be addjusted
Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
ZeroIngold
2nd Gear Member

That sucks that yours does not work. Every person that has reached into my car when it is armed it has gone off. Almost everyone thinks it is an aftermarket system and has never seen anything like it. Best option I have on the car.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Hell, when someone walks by mine and the window is open, it goes off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM