Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What C.O.P are u using?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:07 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Default What C.O.P are u using?

I am on summitt looking to order and I cant find out the diff is between the 2 accel sets. I was also looking at the msd set but they are a bit more then the summitt set , both accel sets, then there is the granatelli ones that are way up there in price.

Wich ones are you guys running? Is there really that big of a diff in the Granatelli ones to the lower cost ones?

I had set of moto blue ones from rpmoutlet but never put them on my car cause I had such a bad experience with them I just tossed half of the **** I had into a box and it went into hidinf forever then I Just didnt trust the product since they make it I heared,lol. anyway I gave them to a buddy of mine and he put them on his car and he said it was definitly noticable.

Im assuming any upgraded set will be good if the moto blue ones worked.

TIA
Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm a bit curious about this also after reading a few earlier threads regarding some modest gains. If COPS DO provide some gains, I wonder why more people aren't listing or discussing them. This makes me hesitant to purchase them. One of the manufacturers dynoed before and after and there were some gains but if I recall the car was aspirated.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Accel has a tendency to cr@p out early, by reputation.
I can't verify this for sure since I don't have a personal experience on this.

I would read a bit more to see who has the best longevity...
Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have run three differenr aftermarket COPS.
First the original Granatelli COPs. Then the MSD COPs and finally the new Granatelli Hard Core Series COPs.
The first Granatelli COPs had issues and burned out often. The MSD COPs work great. The new Granatelli COPs are the best in my opinion and that is what I run now. They have the highest output in comparison with MSD or Accel.
I have been happy with the results they have mad a difference in my cars performance. They are in my sig!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

I am running stockers.

From alot of people on S197forums (hardcore racing set) as well as CK they all said they all said aftermarket COPS arent worth it.

If you are having spark blow out, you should just regap the plugs.

The people who gave me this info know alot more about this stuff than me, so I trust it.

If I ever loose a COP, it will be replaced by another stocker, until I hear of a set that is definitively better than OEM.

If you are going to order anyway, I hear the summits are just repackaged Accels, but a little cheaper. I would do the Summits.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Personally, I'd stick to advise from peope who's cars actually run.
Sometime gapping down doesnt stop spark blow-out, so then what?

I can speak to the fact that this happens from personal experience and also I guarantee you that most of these aftermarket COPs will run better than stock. PERIOD.
My GMS COPs make a big difference in how my car runs in comparison to the stock COPs.
I have tested more COPs on my car than most of the people who are giving you advise.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

so how much did you gain? i'm curious.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I removed the MSD cops from my car then decided to put them back in. My aeroforce gauge showed a gain of 4 horsepower, take it for what you will.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:53 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zkiller
Personally, I'd stick to advise from peope who's cars actually run.
Sometime gapping down doesnt stop spark blow-out, so then what?

I can speak to the fact that this happens from personal experience and also I guarantee you that most of these aftermarket COPs will run better than stock. PERIOD.
My GMS COPs make a big difference in how my car runs in comparison to the stock COPs.
I have tested more COPs on my car than most of the people who are giving you advise.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I was giving the OP another angle, that maybe they are not needed. Plus the opinion isnt truly mine as it was suggested by others and I decided to trust them.

CK was running 20+ psi on the stock COPS with no issue, so......... It is up to the individual to decide what to do.

Jared at lethal had good things to say about the X-COPS that are coming out so I will wait and see how they work.

Last edited by MustangGT0405; 09-16-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Still using stock for now but have been looking into the MSD or GMS

Quick Reply: What C.O.P are u using?