Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:45 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default X Pipe

I was talkin with my local exhaust place yesterday over here in the UK and they said an X Pipe Exhaust would increase HP. After putting on my flowmasters this is the next thing I am thinking about but my question is how much HP will it increase by? I am guessing there are different X Pipes made by various companies and so does anyone know which is the best for increase in HP???
Old 05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Cruz97GT05

Default RE: X Pipe

I put on the magnaflow with the High Flow converters on it and it increased sound and HP significantly. It was way more noticeable than the axleback i put on. I did notice that when i did the install there are pinch points around the catalytic converters that could be a big restrictor of power. The X Pipe I was 2.5 in all the way and had the High flows on it. The power was noticeable immediately. There was alot of smoke when i started the car but that went away and no ck engine light.

Overall it was a simplie install and I highy recommend it.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:59 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: X Pipe

ORIGINAL: Cruz97GT05

I put on the magnaflow with the High Flow converters on it and it increased sound and HP significantly. It was way more noticeable than the axleback i put on. I did notice that when i did the install there are pinch points around the catalytic converters that could be a big restrictor of power. The X Pipe I was 2.5 in all the way and had the High flows on it. The power was noticeable immediately. There was alot of smoke when i started the car but that went away and no ck engine light.

Overall it was a simplie install and I highy recommend it.

Hi Cruz97GT05,

I have a set of JBA's rear mufflers installed with a set of JBA's shorty headers with Ti colored ceramic coating. The sound is amazing, my '05 GT sounds like it has a big block in it when I'm on the gas hard and is just a little bit throatier than stock when cruzing and around town. If I'm not on it, inside the car sounds like stock SPL but much deeper, outside the car sounds like a powerful, muscular machine, it has a strong presence on the street. I love the new sound but would not want it any louder than it already is. How much louder is it? OR is it more of a tone thing?

I'm going to Brother's Performance to get a Magnaflow Tru-X pipe with high flow OBDII compliant cats later this week. Then I'm installing the Tru-X pipe and then next week going down to SoCal Tuning for some baseline numbers on the chassis dyno. They'll optimize the Predator's Steeda 93 octane CAI tune-up making more dyno pulls to make sure they have it peaked out. Next I'll swap the stock Ford muffler cans back in and make more dyno pulls on the car again. This will end the discussion over rear mufflers adding power or not once and for all. I'm hoping to see 320+RWHP or so on the dyno once the ECU is optimized for the complete system as installed.