Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Vid

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default Exhaust Vid

My Bassani catted X finally came in this week. I installed it on Wednesday along with my Bassani street mufflers, but the anti-seize compound that was provided caused the slip-joints to come apart a little under heat and pressure, so I had at least two rattles...one hanger and one pipe tapping the spare tire well. I wasn't about to jack up the car to try to fix it myself since the installation was a real pain. I took it to a muffler shop and the guy loosened the 6 clamps to the midpipe and slid everything back together Free-Of Charge! I gave him $25 anyway because it was worth it to me. Unfortunately, I had to return 3 more times to finally get the rattles and tappings fixed. But again, he never charged me a cent. I did give him $20 more today for his troubles. He said he likes working on mustangs, and that if all the customers brought in mustangs, he'd never make any money. Anyway, to keep the slip-joints from coming apart, he tightened the clamps a lot and also spot welded each joint. He heated the left front muffler hanger with the torch and bent it to keep it from contacting the metal on the car's hanger mount. He also torched my right over-axle pipe and bent it a little to give it some more clearance from the spare tire well. For some reason the over-axle pipes do not want to sit symmetrically with these mufflers. The left one is perfect. Hopefully the right side won't tap any more.

Anyway, I am really happy with the exhaust sound. It sounds even better than all the vids I'd heard. When the guy at the shop drove it into the stall, I was really impressed with the exhaust note. It's nice and throaty and still deep at the same time. The flutter from the X-pipe is perfect and gives that rhythmic thumping like headers do.

Here's the vid I made today. Again, sorry for the distortion when revving at the end of the clip. My camera isn't good with loud noises.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDolqG04sM

Comments and questions are welcome. Enjoy!

BTW, anyone want to buy my catted prochamber or my Borla stingers? I'm in the BASSANI CREW now. hehehe!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:45 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

would love to see it, warmachine....but the vid is no longer there
jason
Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

The vid is there. Maybe youtube was having problems earlier, but it's there now.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:06 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

so is the exhaust search over now? I am pretty sure Im happy with my set up now also, 4 set ups later.....

sounds nice man its resembles the macs to me but just smoother, sure its the catts on the x that do it though.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Sounds good...very good. The X-pipe didn't result in that much raspiness. Sounds very close to the 2/4 V mustangs.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

That sounds great. Not much traffic there... backing up a hundred yards! I wondered why you weren't shifting.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Holy crap, warmachine~!!! You did GOOOOOOOOD~!!!!!!

That car sounds mean and TIGHT~! I approve very much~!!

Sounds like you had great fun making the video too.....thank you for sharing it.

(you're not too bad of a driver, either......)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

nice job!!!!! hopefully, you will like this set up......i went back to boomtubes and catted h
Old 10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the compliments!

Tomb, I certainly hope the exhaust search is over. I thought it sounded a lot like the Mac setup also but a little cleaner with a more exotic tone.

Wingman, you're right about the traffic on my road. The only traffic we get is for the two businesses down the road, but on a Saturday it's pretty tame. Nice place to try things out.

Saddle, thanks! I'm glad you approve so much. I know I am one of your Borla stinger friends, and I still like them but I wanted more throatiness from the exhaust. I was wondering what your reaction would be. I agree that the car sounds very mean now. I love the strong grunt and almost liquid type sound from this setup.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Sounds nice!! Congrats on finally finding a good set up! LOL

Quick Reply: Exhaust Vid