Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redfire or Windveil blue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Redfire or Windveil blue?

I'm not sure I agree with MongrelMan... Redfire is perfect for this car! I had a '94 GT this color (then called Laser Red Metallic).
I've seen NO redfire GT's and only one V6 on the road in Alabama so far. I see Black, Mineral Grey, Silver and White.. and of course
Torch. Not a single Windveil or Lime. I saw a vert Redfire GT in a show - B-A-D! So, I vote Redfire, if there aren't too many around you.

Of course that and $1.75 will get you a good cup of Joe....
Old 05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Redfire was my first choice with Windveil Blue the second choice. My wife wanted a legend lime, which I was not going to get, so we settled on our second choice, the Windveil Blue.

After a good tint job and upgraded chrome rims the car looks fantastic. I like the color more and more every day.

It's a personal choice. The red will show more dirt.

As for the Windveil Blue not being a color for this mustang, I have to say pfffft to that. Have you ever seen the late 60's stangs in the light blue? There were plenty of 'em and they were one of THE colors and that color is pretty darn close to the Windveil Blue. Again, everything is a personal preference except saying that the Blue doesn't belong on the car, which it has for more than 40 years.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:33 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GWFoos

Redfire was my first choice with Windveil Blue the second choice. My wife wanted a legend lime, which I was not going to get, so we settled on our second choice, the Windveil Blue.

After a good tint job and upgraded chrome rims the car looks fantastic. I like the color more and more every day.

It's a personal choice. The red will show more dirt.

As for the Windveil Blue not being a color for this mustang, I have to say pfffft to that. Have you ever seen the late 60's stangs in the light blue? There were plenty of 'em and they were one of THE colors and that color is pretty darn close to the Windveil Blue. Again, everything is a personal preference except saying that the Blue doesn't belong on the car, which it has for more than 40 years.
You have any pictures of yours? Personally, I think the windveil is more of a chicks color. I like all the other colors except for the legend lime but it is growing on me. My girlfriend didn't even like the windveil color. But that is my 2 cents, it is just a personal taste of the owner.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:32 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MongrelMan

niether... I think both those colours are just wrong for this car
I have seen you on two different threads talking about what colors you do not like you know everyone is not looking through your eyes.Therefore I guess what I am trying to tell you is who cares what colors you think looks good on a stang.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

I have seen you on two different threads talking about what colors you do not like you know everyone is not looking through your eyes.Therefore I guess what I am trying to tell you is who cares what colors you think looks good on a stang.
Well this post was started to solicit opinions. Don't bag on the guy for giving his. Many of us have given the same opinion more than once (many of us more than twice, since the same questions come up often)

I guess that means *I* care.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Of those two, Redfire for sure. WB looks good, but Redfire is way cool.

==I think verts are for chicks==

You don't know how much fun you're missing out on And yes, the verts ARE great for attracting chicks
Old 05-23-2005, 10:04 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: delurker

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Well this post was started to solicit opinions. Don't bag on the guy for giving his. Many of us have given the same opinion more than once (many of us more than twice, since the same questions come up often)

I guess that means *I* care.
The original question was which color you prefer not if the colors in question belong on the car after all alot of people on this site have those colors why tell them there color does not look right on the stang.Yes everybody has a right to there opinion and this was just mine.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Fair enough.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Windveil Blue for me. At least that's what my wife says. And since she lets me sleep with her, I'll have to agree.

Windveil Blue was picked for us because it is so close to the color they used on the 60's Mustang.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: delurker

Fair enough.
Oh and by the way I prefer the color of your car I almost forgot to give my opinion.

Quick Reply: Redfire or Windveil blue?