Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix for Skipper1000

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:13 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fix for Skipper1000

skipper 1000! too funny, but so true . . . very nice job.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:15 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Do you know where to get more maps for the Kenwood GPS systems? I can pick that head unit up over here in Germany for $900 NIB. But I would like ot get Europeans DVD Maps. Hmmm, have to investigate that.
Sorry, the only maps I have seen were for North America. Email Kenwood. I honestly do not have any idea if they offer Euro maps for them or not. I would think that they would if they sell the navigation systems over there.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:37 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

hahaha... all I can say is awsome project!!. When you come to walnut creek let me know. We can maybe hook up since I'm not so far away. By then you can see my leaky procharger

P.S. How much more is the NAV for that unit and is it a one disk unit were you can only do nav and music cds one at a time? That cam looks awsome... but I need a cheaper solution.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

There are 3 different nav units, the 2100, the 3100, and the 4100. The ONLY difference I can tell so far is that they update the model number by 1000 each year. They have the exact same specs. New, the 4100 goes for about $800ish. You can find them on fleabay for around $600. The 3100 goes normally around $400 there, but sometimes like with any auction people get bid happy.
Not quite sure I understand the other question. The navigation unit is a separate box, single disc, only runs the navigation. Actually, since the navigation DVD has to boot and runs a program, it is more like a PC ( or actually probably more like a XBox ) than just a standard reader. The head unit screen tilts down and out and there is a single disc slot there that you can have either a DVD, music CD, or CDR. It has inputs for DVD changers or CD changers. Actually that is where the Sirius unit plugged in, and the Sirius unit has a passthrough plug on it to hook a changer to. I am going to pass on the changer though. Between the satellite radio, and the Music Keg that I intend on getting ( 10gig storage ) I doubt I will be worried about a changer.

Hell yea I will let ya know when I get out there. Probably going to be stuck there for 3 months. Or at least that is the schedule at the moment. You know how this business works. I was supposed to be out there last week, then it changed to the first week of June, then mid June, now it is mid August. As with any other trip with this company, I don't bother to make reservations until the day before because they are always expected to change.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:03 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

The system looks awesome....cant wait to try it when i get my car in August
Old 05-24-2005, 12:42 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Sorry for being vague. I just saw that many NAV systems have only one player to either put the NAV DVD or a music CD, but not both at the same time.. I just dont want to be swapping disks when I take the wrong turn..haha. I need something that will do nav, mp3, and video cam too . can it be done and at what cost? you should have put the cam on a swivel and added some zoom.. you never know what hotties will be behind you
Old 05-24-2005, 09:57 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

Sorry for being vague. I just saw that many NAV systems have only one player to either put the NAV DVD or a music CD, but not both at the same time.. I just dont want to be swapping disks when I take the wrong turn..haha. I need something that will do nav, mp3, and video cam too . can it be done and at what cost? you should have put the cam on a swivel and added some zoom.. you never know what hotties will be behind you
At a club I used to go to it wasn't uncommon to see girls squatting behind cars to take a **** after the club closed. Hey wait a minute I just got an idea...
Old 05-24-2005, 11:44 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I think I just reduced my future costs some. Just for giggles, I decided to burn a DVD full of MP3s to see if it would work. I put some in the root directory, then some in a single level folder ( artists-album ) then some in sub folders ( artist folder, then ablum folders below that ). It works like a champ! So i'm thinking a couple of 4.7gig MP3 discs just made the Music Keg obsolete in my eyes!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul
I need something that will do nav, mp3, and video cam too . can it be done and at what cost? you should have put the cam on a swivel and added some zoom.. you never know what hotties will be behind you
The head unit I have will do all three without having to move discs around. The cost, well that will depend on what kind of deal you end up getting on the pieces.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: td1320

At a club I used to go to it wasn't uncommon to see girls squatting behind cars to take a **** after the club closed. Hey wait a minute I just got an idea...
And to think, not too long ago when I said I was going to remove my trunk lock and install a rear view camera people didn't understand why...
Suddenly the light bulb just went off !

Quick Reply: Fix for Skipper1000