Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bye bye boomtubes

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default bye bye boomtubes

at least for now. i put on some MBRP deletes yesterday. and the first thing i notice is it's way louder! it is also deeper and more of a hollow sound to it. idle and cruzing speed is not too loud, i was expecting an irritating loudness but its not too bad. but at WOT, man, it is deafening!!! heres a couple vids from yesterday right after i put them on. the first one is a cold start so its loud when it first starts but mellows out after 30 seconds or so. the second vid is just cruzing around, no WOT. i live in hawaii and i was cruzing around diamond head so i cant go that fast. i'm still getting used to the loudness, but i like the cruzing sound, WOT, and deccelleration, and if you listen closely to the 2nd vid you can hear the deccel when i down shift to 2nd. but i wouldnt suggest this setup for everyone, bc it is freakin' loud! but the quality of the MBRP is top notch. very nice looking, all 304 polished stainless steel, 4 inch tips. this is a great alternative to the LM, better looking and bigger tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgafc_cQ2sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKXis3rgDw
Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

sounds sweet.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I think you should swap the X for an H (possibly high flow catted) or prochamber.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i kinda like it and kinda dont as weird as that sound i like how it sounds when the idles drops to normal but when it idles higher i didnt care for that sound, but when drivng in the car it sounds good.

i cant belave you got rid of the boomtubes
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I prefer my Boom Tubes. I think yours is too raspy and crackly.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:28 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i kinda like it and kinda dont as weird as that sound i like how it sounds when the idles drops to normal but when it idles higher i didnt care for that sound, but when drivng in the car it sounds good.

i cant belave you got rid of the boomtubes
well, i didnt get rid of them. i still have them. and i'm not going to sell them either. just wanted to try something different for a while and see how i like it. i always knew this day would come where the boomtubes would come off, but it doesnt mean that i wont put them back on. i think i will always change the sound every now and then, gives the car a sort of face lift or sound lift. but for now i will see how these MBRP's go.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:29 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I think you should swap the X for an H (possibly high flow catted) or prochamber.

yea, i think a prochamber would sound better, but i dont think it'll bolt up to my BBK LT's.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
I prefer my Boom Tubes. I think yours is too raspy and crackly.

dont get me wrong, i love the sound of boomtubes. they are a great axle back system, thats why i'm not going to sell mine even if someone pays me more than full price for them. bc someday i may want to put them back on. i think more people will like the boomtubes over the deletes bc it has a more pleasing sound. but i do like the MBRP's quality and fitment, i think if someone were to do the deletes w/ stock exhaust manifold and catted or o/r mid pipe would sound pretty good. i just had an itch i had to scratch, and i'll scratch it until i get another itch, from that old mod bug, ya know? and i kinda like the cracklyness of the MBRP's.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i have had one set of mufflers on the car, the stingers, i have no reason to look elsewhere either. I love the stingers and combo i have
Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

wow, that's loud!

Quick Reply: bye bye boomtubes