Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers & H Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Default Headers & H Pipe

Anyone have headers and/or h pipe on their 05' GTs yet? Im looking to put them on & am just wondering if anyone who has added them has theird dyno'd yet to see power gains/results? If so can you list them?

Thanks in advance....
Old 05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Headers & H Pipe

yeah, i put on the full JBA system...long tubes, off road h-pipe, and evol exhaust. it sounds great. couldnt tell you how much that added by itself but will all the mods, it dyno'd at 314.9 RWHP
Old 05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Im looking at the JBAs too. They are crazy expensive though, just for the headers is a crazy amount of money in my opinion.

The owners of my local mustang shop actually has the same exact car as me & they put on the JBA long tubes with the off road h-pipe & mac axle back exhaust & it sound ridiculous (in a good way) so thats what enticed me to want to do it. he has a bunch of other stuff done though, CAI, chip tunes ect,... he is making about 330rwhp right now. He told me to wait a lil while because he is having problems with the tunes a lil bit & the check engine light is coming on & off, he still cant do burn outs ect,....so Im waiting for him to get it right before I jump in.

Did you add anything else besides the headers & h pipe? Did you have to add the custom tune because of it? Anything else at all? Did it cause any other flaws on the car such as the engine light ect,...?

Do you really FEEL the difference with the headers & pipe? I know it sounds incredible already!

Any info is very helpful,...
Thanks
Old 05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

check out my website to see all my mods. i have had it dyno tuned and there has been no problems at all. as soon as i get back to houston this weekend, i am adding the bbk throttle body, steeda tri ax shifter, and charge motion plates; then it is back to the dyno.

as far as feeling the power, let me just say that i have already embarassed an 04 vette and also a kawasaki ninja on the highway

ps. the ninja kill really swelled my head up. i had my buddy in the car with me and he had never been in a new mustang. anyways, the ninja rolled up on me and revved his engine. i dumped it into third and took it to about 90 then into 4th till 125 and finally let off when i had for sure smoked him. he seriously followed us till we exited just to ask me what all i had done to my car. he took the loss quite well though...
Old 05-26-2005, 05:55 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

mac10chap, where did you find the BBK throttle body? I can't even find it on BBK's site, in the "recent news" section or anywhere else...
Old 05-26-2005, 06:02 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

me either...ive been looking for a throttle body for like 3 weeks now. By the way (delurker) the new rims look good.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:04 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, ECR5.0! [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 05-26-2005, 06:14 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtbbk.htm
they have the bbk throttle body advertised but from what i hear, it wont be out through them for a couple months...somewhere else in this forum, someone had a link for it through bbk but it was like 50 bucks more than rpmoutlet. my shop guy told me that he can get ahold of one though. i'll let you know for sure on monday when i get back to houston and get ahold of him.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Cool, thanks. Looks like an easy install (and uninstal) for some more hp.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:21 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/BBK1763.htm

ok, just found that site that the other guy sent me...i am pretty sure you can order it from them right now. only ? is whether or not it is worth that extra $$$

Quick Reply: Headers & H Pipe