Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Machine under hood?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:59 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

It crossed my mind to install 2 LED lights under my hood close to each extactor opening about 12 inches long , would look pretty sick while driving from another veichle been able to see into your engine bay, I know with the few visual mods I have under the hood during day light when the sun hits the extractors right u can see in and it looks pretty sweet.

normally Im not a fan of lights on cars lighting them up etc but a white clean LED I think would look clean and sleek, just like HID headlights. Bonus if your engine bay is pimped out too.

here is a link to the lights I was going to do it with, still might but I wanted to get HID headlamps so they would match up the white light effect. For what they cost its worth a shot.

http://yhst-63707174146099.stores.ya...hducalicc.html

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 11-01-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

No more drugs for you my friend.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

As a good friend told me

"Best I can figure, motors work off smoke. As long as you keep the smoke bottled up inside your going to be fine, but when you let it out things can get expensive."

I laughed
Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

you could run your engine for a while, then put dry ice in the engine bay... that'll give you a lot of smoke.

in all seriousness, though, i don't think there would be a 'cheap' and convenient way to do something like that
Old 11-02-2008, 01:53 AM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007GT/CS
Buy a Chevy - it's built in.
lol. true.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 AM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Tombstang's car looks sick with it...I like it. I agree that it could look like you blew youre engine but the way he has it set up the fog comes out very fast and ends very fast too. I would like this set up on my car. How cool would that be when you drive up behind that zo6 and blow the smoke out like in Tombstangs video...to me it would say dont F with me!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
...to me it would say dont F with me!!!
I'll bet...
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

I'm going to say the CO2 in the intake is a bad idea

and tomb, are those purge valves out the front new? because that makes it look like a bull about to charge lol

and if they arent new, why didn you show them at the meet we had last summer?
Old 11-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

I think zex sells a "purge only" kit to do just that...around 300! .....I have my purges on my NO2 coming out the intakes also...plus the strut bar is also lighted....You can see the motor at night thru thr heat ext. vents and thru the front intakes...Kinda nice to have a light under the hood at night!..... The dual v purge is pretty cool!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:30 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

hey guys, ya it is bad *** as a **** it shoots about 5-6 feet out in front, it only works good when the bottle is above 700 lbs or If I have my warmer on to keep up my bottle pressure up.

lol @ spraying the z06 then he peels out in front of me and leaves a layer of rubber on my car and puts 10 lenths on me,lol the N20 just aint going to cut it against a Z.

I didnt have this set up when we had the last meet joolander, and ya that was the idea with that hood was to make it look like a bull snorting out smoke the hood pins kinda look like a ring in a bulls nose too, Had it all planned out before I even got the hood or the zex kit.

V.A stang do you got any pics of your car at night with the lights on under there? also can u take a pic of ya hood during the day close up at the vents, does it just go right through and into ya engine bay?

I am thinking about cutting bottom side of my hood where it takes the air and drops it over the c&l cause the procharger filter is not in that location and is where the heat extractors are and Im not sure if that would be good or bad, since the air is going to be rushing to the opening to extract the procharger will be trying to suck it back in, Might make a custom heat shield around the procharger filter and seal it off to one of the heat extractors so its only sucking fresh air from the one extractor vent....... takes deep breathe...Ive sold my self on the procharger aswell since the hotrod cams are on the way I want that stalling whistleing sound at idle , come to terms that any form of f/i is going to scare me more then enough especially with forged internals all been done at the same time, Im going to hook up the zex kit to it aswell then fix **** as it breaks like the clutch, tranny I hope to get done also hopefully not to long after the conversion. none of this will be happening until at least 6 months so RANT over and **** for having to wait 6 months....

Last edited by TOMBSTANG; 11-02-2008 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Fog Machine under hood?