Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New stuff!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:38 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

actually, i just bolted mine right on and it fit perfectly.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:44 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats on the new front bumper cover, as you can see from dunebuggy's car, it's going to look really good.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Could you explain what I would need to make this work?
Yes. just PM me. There's actually about 8 specific parts including the hardware. While I wouldn't get the grille and fog lights from radio shack like dunebuggy did, there are a few things you can manufacture to safely save a few dollars.

Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11
actually, i just bolted mine right on and it fit perfectly.
Of course it fit perfectly, that's why I can see the panel gaps on the fenders from your sig pic.

You also didn't use the hardware to hold on your headlight splitters to the body from reading your original write up, that's actually fairly dangerous because if you take your car up to speed they could start to vibrate violently and break off.

Last edited by Legion5; 11-05-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

you know, if you have a problem with me ordering it from somewhere else, please just let me know in a kind way. otherwise, if you see that it is not mounted properly, please give me some advice on what i need to get or let me know if you are willing to sell those "parts"

Thanks

and i didnt get the stuff from radioshack, i bought it from pepboys (just the fogs) i already had the grill from an older project
Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Yeah man cut the guy some slack, not everyone has a ton of $$$$ to go slam on a body kit, workin with what he's got.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
I work selling Saleen parts. Unless you got that bumper part for pretty much free ($60 to be exact), it's going to cost you MORE to install it then the complete kit at Saleen's current pricing strategy.

I feel bad for you, so I might be able to find you some discounts on a few of the parts you'll need to install what you got. maybe.

The buying strategy of consumers seems slightly less effective than how trees make large purchases sometimes you know...
I also was considering this bumper cover. From the photos dunebuggydude11 posted I don't see any problems with the fit. What exactly are you referring to?
Please be more specific. If you have a parts list lets see it.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Yeah man cut the guy some slack, not everyone has a ton of $$$$ to go slam on a body kit, workin with what he's got.
I'm not mad at what he's put together, it's just wasn't truthful to say that his car was perfect.

Originally Posted by wingman75
I also was considering this bumper cover. From the photos dunebuggydude11 posted I don't see any problems with the fit. What exactly are you referring to?
Please be more specific. If you have a parts list lets see it.
Thanks
Well first off Saleen doesn't even distribute this as anything less that a 100% complete kit, you're getting the extra parts from special order which is very expensive. Blue Oval Industries, one of the worst rated online mustang retailers 2 years running got a bulk of these bumper covers from the Saleen liquidation sale and they managed to sell them with people thinking it was a good deal. There is actually no parts list to this bumper I had to look at the schematic in the instruction manual from a previous install i did myself for the kit to find what was missing. Either way I've PM'ed you with a picture of the issue with the fit and some other info.

The problem with considering getting the parts separately is that it costs more than buying the kit. It's just spreading an even greater cost out over several different things.

Last edited by Legion5; 11-05-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I'm not mad at what he's put together, it's just wasn't truthful to say that his car was perfect.

Well first off Saleen doesn't even distribute this as anything less that a 100% complete kit, you're getting the extra parts from special order which is very expensive. Blue Oval Industries, one of the worst rated online mustang retailers 2 years running got a bulk of these bumper covers from the Saleen liquidation sale and they managed to sell them with people thinking it was a good deal. There is actually no parts list to this bumper I had to look at the schematic in the instruction manual from a previous install i did myself for the kit to find what was missing. Either way I've PM'ed you with a picture of the issue with the fit and some other info.

The problem with considering getting the parts separately is that it costs more than buying the kit. It's just spreading an even greater cost out over several different things.
Honestly, I think dune's bumper looks great, and I see no more of a gap than I currently have on my stock bumper. If you could please post or PM the parts I would need, that would be great. I am not saying I am going to buy them, but I am curious to see what it is.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Gotcha. I think that's part of hot rodding IMO but everyone's entitled to their own. Did you get my PM?