Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

appearence mods or performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
joestang08123
1st Gear Member

Default appearence mods or performance mods

around feb. i should receiving my tax refund check. right now i am deciding on appearence mods or performance mods. on the appearence side right now, i have the roush rear wing, louvers, hood scoop, and shorty antenna. the only thing i have right now that is kinda sorta performance is the bbk x-pipe wth high flow cats amd the pypes mid-muffler exhaust. what i want to get is the new saleen rims in black for the 05-09 mustangs staggerd,cdc aggressive chin spoiler painted. and finally some eibachs or h&r springs. and yes, i will get the panhard bar as well. now for the performance side, i would to get the frpp hot rod cams, cai and a tune. murillo motorsports would do all the install and tune. money wise, it would be about the same amount give or take a few hundred dollars. tell me what you all think what you all would do. thanks.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:26 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Maybe its just me, but I plan on focusing primarily on performance mods. I'd certainly keep the rims and associated tires, because that'll give you more traction. Do you plan on going forced induction in the future? That'd certainly set you apart from most of the pack.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

You can never go wrong with performance but, looks are a big part too...Its really up to you man this is a hard choice...Getting tuned was one of my last mods and honestly, I dont regret it...I like getting attention from people on the street because of what my car looks like.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Why not do a bit of both. Get the CAI/tune and the wheels or better yet, save the money for a bit longer and just put it toward a charger. You are already looking at several grand, for 3700 you could get the vortech non intercooled V3.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

hell no on appearance!..go with the cams,cai and tune for sho!! get that beast fast before you get it lookin good
Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Ato, go for a little of both. I'd get the CAI and tune with the CDC aggressive chin.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by joestang08123
around feb. i should receiving my tax refund check. right now i am deciding on appearence mods or performance mods. on the appearence side right now, i have the roush rear wing, louvers, hood scoop, and shorty antenna. the only thing i have right now that is kinda sorta performance is the bbk x-pipe wth high flow cats amd the pypes mid-muffler exhaust. what i want to get is the new saleen rims in black for the 05-09 mustangs staggerd,cdc aggressive chin spoiler painted. and finally some eibachs or h&r springs. and yes, i will get the panhard bar as well. now for the performance side, i would to get the frpp hot rod cams, cai and a tune. murillo motorsports would do all the install and tune. money wise, it would be about the same amount give or take a few hundred dollars. tell me what you all think what you all would do. thanks.
I think you have a plan and a nice mix of performance mods and appearance mods....its your money and YOU should do what you feel you want done to the car first. Think about it before you buy as if you change your mind on any performance/appearance mod later that you have applied to the car you might not get all the monies worth in the end if you upgrade a performance/appearance part that was just installed to something better! JMO