Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 1000 BS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:15 PM
jldsooner

Default Shaker 1000 BS

After my 2nd Shaker head unit went crazy on me, I called my dealer to tell him.

He is ordering another one for me but said that they are being told to tell customers not to play
burned CDs in these units and especially not MP3 cds. Hello! It says MP3 right on the front!

I agree from my own experience that it is burned cds that are crashing these systems.
BUT, since they are "MP3 CD compatible", then they need to get them
fixed and have a big recall to replace all these defective units.

I'm really getting mad over spending an extra 1295.00 for something that does not work as advertised.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:24 PM
BadAndy

Default RE: Shaker 1000 BS

I'm still waiting on my replacement after 3 wks; hopefully this means that they're actually trying to fix the problem and not just ship out suspect radios...
Old 05-31-2005, 09:53 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Good luck. I went through 4 of them. Then just ripped it out and put in an aftermarket unit. Got tired of it.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:57 PM
jldsooner

What did you put in Hawg man? Just a new head unit? New speakers, amp, etc?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

How long did it last playing burned cd's? I have been playing them for four days straight since I bought the car...

Yikes...

Old 05-31-2005, 10:22 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

All I have is the Shaker 500 (I used the extra $1295 to put into tires/wheels), and it skips every once in a while, but not a lot. All I use in it are burned CDs. I have never had any of the error messages others report, nor have I experienced where it would not load or eject CDs. The jury is still out on mine... not bad enough to go through the hassle of getting it replaced... yet.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Robs05gtvert
2nd Gear Member

I seem to be in the minority here, but my Shaker 1000 has had no problems[sm=dontgetit.gif]....All I play is burned CD's and not even a skip...go figure...I will count myself lucky...hell, I even like the sound....
Old 06-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Zeio
1st Gear Member

I have the same experience as Rob so far. I have a Shaker1000 (mainly because the silver GT that was coming in before my order had it and I wanted the car sooner) and I primarily play burned MP3/Data cds that I burn from iTunes. The only issue ive ever had is specific to individual songs, not the disc itself. On a disc that I burned with about 100 songs only about 2 or 3 had issues, but never a skipping problem. Hopefully this is limited to a certain production cycle, because I really do love the sound this thing puts out. Every genre of music sounds completely awesome in this system, although I think the majority of the price was for the speakers because the speakers kick major ***, especially the subs in the trunk.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:44 AM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

I've got the 500 and after I got my original replaced not one problem and almost all I use are burnt cd's (MP3's and regular music file)
Old 06-01-2005, 01:52 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jldsooner

What did you put in Hawg man? Just a new head unit? New speakers, amp, etc?
I only replaced the head unit
Skipper1000 replacement
My original intention was to also replace the entire system, but quite frankly it sounds fine the way it is. I am sure sooner or later I will upgrade the speakers because the factory ones are certainly not the best in the world. Just have other ( HP related ) priorities at the moment.

My first skipper unit was just complete junk. It would fail even on store bought CDs. The second one would chop off the beginning and or end of MP3s. The third one would not properly go through folders, it would only play MP3s if they were in the root directory. The forth and final one seemed to work fine for a couple of weeks, then one day I parked out in the sun for a couple of hours on an 80 degree day. When I got back in the car it got stuck on reading disc, then said bad disc and spit it out. That was pretty much the last straw.

Quick Reply: Shaker 1000 BS