Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Default V6 Body Kit

Hey sorry I'm sure you guys get this question all the time. I recently got a 2005 V6 Mustang and have been looking at things that I can do with it. I have always been a chevy guy in the past and this is my first Ford. So evidently I do not know much about mustangs. I have been looking at body kits and rims as a basic place for me to start and then proceed to the engine and other things. Having been looking at body kits i have noticed that most are made for the GT. Would all of these fit my car and if not what would i need to do to make them fit. I will be putting everything on myself. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Depends. I've never seen any body kits that say they are for a GT. What parts are you talking about?

I mean, if you are replacing an entire part, like a front fascia, side skirt, rear fascia, etc. then there is no difference. The frame is the same, so the part should fit exactly the same on both the GT and the V6.

However, if you are looking to replace a certain part, like a grill or something of that nature, then you will have a difference.

To give you a definite answer, we will need either a link to the parts you are interested in or a description of them.

Hope this helps,

HT
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I was looking at this for example. Not a definite decision but something along these lines. http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=536
Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

im not sure if it would fit because our grilles are kinda different i guess, i have seen grilles that fit out sixxers and not V8's so ya you need to find one that says this fit the V6 model

correct me if im wrong on this
Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 PM
dunebuggydude11
3rd Gear Member

it will fit, but you need to get a GT grille since there is a difference between the V6 and GT grilles
Old 12-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

That's what I never could get when certain bodykits need the GT grille. Does that mean the GT grille goes on first AND then the bodykit?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Most of the body kits that are on the market were designed to use the GT grille, but they will fit on both V6 and GT models. The V6 people will need to get either a GT grille or an aftermarket grille that fits like the GT grille.

The body kit goes on first, then you reuse the OEM GT grille on the new fascia.

Some companies like Street Scene and 3D Carbon have body kits specifically designed for V6 mustangs. You would most likely be able to reuse your stock V6 grille when using those body kits, but I can't say for sure.

If you plan on doing a complete body kit, be aware that many of the rear bumpers were designed for dual exhaust. You would need to upgrade to a dual exhaust or chose a different bumper (or entire kit) or keep the stock bumper (which might look weird).
Old 12-17-2008, 08:40 AM
limitedex
2nd Gear Member

Most manufacturers make a V6 version. Check Cervinis.com, and many others on ebay.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
DarkGaV6
2nd Gear Member

+1 there are some company's who offer kits specially for sixers. But most are set around a gt grill. You might want to pickup a modified mustangs magazine or somthing similar. They have some ads that might give you ideas. And by the way welcome to the mustang family.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys for the advice. Going to put it together piece by piece and see how it looks.

Quick Reply: V6 Body Kit