Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed w/ Roush Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

Angry Disappointed w/ Roush Performance

I received the matte black roush 3 piece spoiler today and upon inspection was shocked. I ordered directly from the Roush Performance website expecting that I would receive a quality product. The center portion of the spoiler appears to be used as there is leftover adhesive and pieces of old double sided tape on the bottom. The bottom of the spoiler looks exactly like your rear deck lid after removal of the factory spoiler and I will NOT be removing it. Those of you that have removed your spoiler know what I am talking about and what a pita it was to remove it. I am soooo pissed off right now as I planned on installing the wing this weekend and just sent roush an e-mail.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Let us know what happens man, that really sucks.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 AM
black_z

Damn, that sux!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTVapor
I received the matte black roush 3 piece spoiler today and upon inspection was shocked. I ordered directly from the Roush Performance website expecting that I would receive a quality product. The center portion of the spoiler appears to be used as there is leftover adhesive and pieces of old double sided tape on the bottom. The bottom of the spoiler looks exactly like your rear deck lid after removal of the factory spoiler and I will NOT be removing it. Those of you that have removed your spoiler know what I am talking about and what a pita it was to remove it. I am soooo pissed off right now as I planned on installing the wing this weekend and just sent roush an e-mail.

Hey GTVapor that sucks...!!! I have the 3 piece Rear Spoiler, Side Quarter Window Louvers, Front Facia with Chin Spoiler all directly from ROUSH.
I ordered them in Ford black (UA) and received quality pieces.!! However, unless they have improved their two sided tape from about 6 months ago, I wouldn't use it...doesn't stick worth a damn...!! I'd go out and buy some 3-M quailty tape instead.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
GTVapor
2nd Gear Member

Smile

I spoke with Roush Performance today and they apologized for the mix up and are going to send me a new spoiler today.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:16 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear man, but glad they are willing to make things right .
Old 12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

hey at least u got great customer service...they could have been a holes...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sorry top hear man i ordered mine from rouch and had no probloms, keep us up to date
Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

So typical for some reason... Reminds me of ebay where you buy something, wait for it for a week or 2 and then when you get it, it's defective and it's obvious that the seller did not even bother LOOKING at the item before sending it to you. I guess what you got is a part that somebody returned, but yet it was not properly prepared for being re-sold
Old 12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that but they great customer service.When i got my suspension kit from them the frt sway bar bushings were missing,I phoned them and shipped them overnight..

Quick Reply: Disappointed w/ Roush Performance