Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

Default What Next?

I am going to get a tune this week, and I am wondering what I should do next to the car. I have long tube headers, o/r mid, magnaflow exhaust, tb spacer, lca's, and K&N CAI. I don't wanna do gears because I like the 3.55's, I don't wanna do UDP's because I'm planning on getting an sc within the year, and I'm wondering what I should go with. More suspension? New tires? Cause it always seems when I take off my tires spin even on a great take off. Thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 PM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

mgw shifter
lowering springs
appearance?
some cams!
better intake
Old 01-04-2009, 12:52 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

jlt or c&l intake...lowering springs...CAMS
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

I'm really surprised to hear new cams. How much for a good pair and how much to install
Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Can't go wrong with more rubber. My car feels completely different now with the new 18x9.5's and 275/40 - 305/35 Nitto DR's. Traction city and just driving around feels like I gained a noticable improvement in handling. Steamrollers FTW.

I'd think about a one-piece driveshaft as your next mod. You can pick up a nice 3.5'' one for about $500 and install it yourself. Best mod for the money IMO.

Cams will cost you close to $2k.... after tuning.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Delete!

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

cams or rubbers its up to u
Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by lbballin9
I am going to get a tune this week, and I am wondering what I should do next to the car. I have long tube headers, o/r mid, magnaflow exhaust, tb spacer, lca's, and K&N CAI. I don't wanna do gears because I like the 3.55's, I don't wanna do UDP's because I'm planning on getting an sc within the year, and I'm wondering what I should go with. More suspension? New tires? Cause it always seems when I take off my tires spin even on a great take off. Thanks guys.
Manual or auto? If manual get a short throw shifter. For a supercharger you may also want an after market clutch and one piece drive shaft. Is the blower a twin screw or centrifugal? If the latter, 4.10 gears will set you up for torque. If auto, you could get a shift kit or torque converter.

Or just save up your money and make changes after you install the supercharger. That way you will have a sense of what you need.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 AM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

It's a manual, and I'm thinking twin screw. Probably whipple. How heavy of a clutch? I had a guy trying to sell me a stage 4 but I didn't think I would need something that heavy.

Onto the tires...I'm guessing I'm prob gonna go with this first. What type and where should I get them? I always hear the nitto's are good tires. I used to have the falken Azenis on my old mustang and they weren't bad but they would run out of rubber in like a year. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

If you go with twin screw, then you can stick with your 3.55 gears.
I have a friend with the Roushcharger and he went with the SPEC Stage 2 clutch and is happy with it. He he does have 4.10's on his 5-speed.

Lots of tire choices. Replacing stock or getting new rims too? Summer tires are gonna give you more stick and less road noise than all season, but less wear. If you keep your stock rims, you can switch the tires out for the seasons.

I don't drive my mustang in bad weather, and really like the Toyo T1R's I put on my wider rims. Some of the best, and most expensive, on the market are the BF Goodrich g-force TA KDW or Goodyear Eagle F1. Many on this site like the Nitto 555 but I've never had tires from that company so I can't comment.