Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fule Tank Problems?....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:17 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Default Fule Tank Problems?....

I just got my GT yesterday, I was filling it up for the fisrt time day. And the fule tank will only let me fill it up to the middle. what is going on..? Help, I don't whant to take it back.... I love it... I need help or it's going back were it came from.., ( I waited to long for my order to get here)
Old 06-05-2005, 04:24 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fule Tank Problems?....

Relax. Soon legions of people will tell you that is not an uncommon problem with these cars. There is a Technical Service Bulliten out on this, and one of the next guys will tell you what it is. Then, you just make an appointment with your dealer and tell him you want the gas tank replaced. You have the TSB to stuff in his face if he tries to BS you. Let's help this guy out![sm=feedback.gif]
Old 06-05-2005, 04:28 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man, so all I have to do is tell the dealer need a new tank? and he has to change it?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:41 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

I believe they have to be able to duplicate the problem, so go in with a low tank and let 'em fill it. If it Fs up on them, show 'em the TSB if you have to, and they will have to change the tank. Soon the legions will tell you.....
Old 06-05-2005, 04:54 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was thinking about taking it on monday, with a low tank, and making them fill it up. But my deal is not final yet.... Monday is my final day.., but love the car and I would love them to just fix it .. , I can't believe that Ford did not fix there problem yet, my car was built last week.. that's a big BS., I read about this problems on the MustangSource think, and lot of people have this problem ... I see.... waw. thx man... I hope I get to keep the car, I have never follen in love with a car like that..
Old 06-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Relax, relax, its just a simple prob that the dealer can take care of rather quickly. Now just hope that you dont have any of the OTHER problems so common to these cars! But if so, remember you have 3 years or 36,000 miles to sort it out.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:06 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

I got the 5 year 100, 000 miles war.. just in case something would happen. But i was hoping like my last car I would never have to use it, (dodge Durango Hemi), I am going to relax, thx man, I really like this hole forum system, God Bless the US.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I have the same problem but relax, just print out the TSB and take it to the dealer.
In the meantime you can fill your tank by turning the nozzle to the 3 o'clock position or try going to a station with an older nozzle that won't shut off after a few drops.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

also insist they order the tank protector! we cracked mine on replacment (its glued to the tank) and i have heard others have as well.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:10 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Redfire

Soon the legions will tell you.....
Just curious why you tell him this twice instead of just telling him the TSB number or pointing him to the technical info forum where the TSBs are posted.

Quick Reply: Fule Tank Problems?....