Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech V3 Installed and Dynoed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

The control arms are great for eliminating wheel hop.
Springs and struts for my budget are good enough on our local road courses. Before the Vortech I regularly passed Cobras on a tight course. I will now require much better rubber 18inch rims and possibly Nitto 555.
If anyone has an opinion for better rubber for road racing please chime in.
For the weekend racer with the suspension mods I have I'm happy with it.

Thanks for all the compliments on the set up. Right back at all you folks.

Last edited by blkstang39; 01-23-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

Default A few more Pic's of the install!

A few more pics of the install.

Cheers,

Last edited by blkstang39; 02-13-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Psykostevo

The Nitto 555 Extreme Drag are really good for grip. I just got 13,000 miles out of them and it's finally time to replace them. With my 175hp Nitrous shot they always held.

My Vortech V3 goes on this week, I can't wait. I decided to use a water/meth injection instead of the intercooler they provide because it's supposed to drop the heat even more. Hopefully I can make good power like you.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

R U keeping the giggle juice on as well???
I find that the drive shaft freed up some safe power.
Good luck with your install and thanks for the tire advice.
I was leaning towards the 555's
Cheers!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 AM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Default Nice power

Hey man, so i take it you are very happy with the vortech v3 blower? I was originally going to buy this kit for dirt cheap(i know a vendor and someone that is sponsored by Vortech.) I was able to get the full intercooled kit for $2400 bucks, however when i went to go buy it- dad flipped a lid. (I am only 20yrs old and my car has a 5yr 60k mile warranty on full drivetrain). Since i still live at home i couldn't go against what he said, although i pay for he car, gas n insurance- and i would pay for the blower, he would kill me b/c if something broke he would not pay for it and id be SOL.

I still want to look at this kit, because once out of warranty- i plan on buying it the day its up! lol Im at 30k.. only another 20k miles to go! lol wish me luck.

I really like that setup, and it seems perfect for what i want to do with my car.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:38 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by blkstang39
Approximately 9 psi!
Originally Posted by blkstang39
Joe the tuner said the drive shafts frees up some horse power. The headers, MSD cops and free flowing exhaust help to complement the HP.
He tuned another car without headers, exhaust and drive shaft and at 20 deegrees it only pumped out around 440 RWHP.
The road tune I will drive with is set at 17 degrees timing and is putting out 474 RWHP air fuel is linear around 12 it looks like.
Congrats on the numbers but if your A/F ratio is around 12 IMO it is a bit lean and will give higher HP but my worry is that- A. the stock block may not hold long (what if the fuel pump hiccups and your at WOT?) B. Timing aside (both numbers are great IMO for the timing-one slightly more aggressive then the other) have you safe guarded the motor a bit more with gauges like A/F ratio and fuel pressure?

Not that I am trying to steal your thunder and anyone with FI on a stock block can have a rod let go but do you have any other safe guards against detonation/pinging like new pumps or a boost a pump at least. See I am not really worried about the tune just the parts that deliver the fuel to the motor with such a narrow window for error in the tune (A/F ratio looks decent but IMO a tad lean should be 11.4-11.8).......just throwing that out there and WELCOME to FI and the boosted club!!!!

EDIT- looks like new fuel pumps!!!!! I like to see that!!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 AM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

Yes the kit came with a new fuel pump shown in the pictures. I was assured by Joe that the Road tune will be safe for the track. When the snow clears we will do a final set up on the tune before I test WOT. It's just hard to wait for the melt. If I take her out on a below freezing day here the extras horse power might cause issues. The car was tuned in a climate controlled location.
Thanks for the advise I will bring it up next time I talk to Joe.
Ford invited Joe to the unveiling of the 2010 Mustang and he brought their Sub 7 Second Modular mustang to the show if you caught any of it on Speed TV. I thick they run sub 6.8's with it. It's shown on U-tube doing some runs.

Cheers!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 AM
blkstang39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RetroGT2006
Hey man, so i take it you are very happy with the vortech v3 blower? I was originally going to buy this kit for dirt cheap(i know a vendor and someone that is sponsored by Vortech.) I was able to get the full intercooled kit for $2400 bucks, however when i went to go buy it- dad flipped a lid. (I am only 20yrs old and my car has a 5yr 60k mile warranty on full drivetrain). Since i still live at home i couldn't go against what he said, although i pay for he car, gas n insurance- and i would pay for the blower, he would kill me b/c if something broke he would not pay for it and id be SOL.

I still want to look at this kit, because once out of warranty- i plan on buying it the day its up! lol Im at 30k.. only another 20k miles to go! lol wish me luck.

I really like that setup, and it seems perfect for what i want to do with my car.
Good Luck
Old 02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Black Man

Hey blkstang you are correct about the driveshaft, it does free up some hp and torque
Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

How much did it run with install and tune?

Quick Reply: Vortech V3 Installed and Dynoed