Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger by spring????? Maybe!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default Supercharger by spring????? Maybe!

I am in the process of SLOWLY convincing the wife that a supercharger is in my near future... LOL. Just to give you an idea, it isn't about being able to afford it, just a matter of parting with the money that quite honestly I like to keep in my reserves rather than others. Even I struggle with investing this kinda cash in a mod to a car.... but I think I am there!!!

So anyway, I am not looking for you all to decide which one to buy, realize if I get to that point it's my money and car, but just want to read some different thoughts.

I have a shakerhood, and want to keep a shaker either via a supershaker or the Vortech HO. I stopped by Brenspeed today and talked to Dave for awhile, talking about the above and expressing that I want to shoot for a safe number for my engine. What I got out of the discussion was I can spend about 6k on the Vortech or 7k on the Saleen Supershaker, and accomplish about 420-430ish rwhp.

If I went with the SS, I could probably sell the CDC shaker I installed last summer to help make up the difference, and maybe my C&L CAI. But then I just can't get over $7000... and need to get the wife over that hump as well, LOL.

As far as the SS and weather, I store winters and usually don't drive in rain much, but will get caught now and then.

Oh well... just looking for discussion.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

It's definitely alot of money and one of the bigger decisions to make....but the first time you stomp on the gas pedal you'll forget about the money part and realize it was one of the best decisions!

Here's my Vortech HO

Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this is true.....i've never once wished,
that i had the $ back.

mortgage the house, sell a kidney or
two, but just get that boost going as
soon as possible

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang

you'll forget about the money part
Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

DO IT!!!! there is no feeling like it...well there is...but its still really good.....
Old 01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
DO IT!!!! there is no feeling like it...well there is...but its still really good.....
Let's just say, they don't call a supercharger getting blown for nothing......
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will get there, just a longer road for the wife. She is the kind of person when I said I am getting wheels, the comment was why, don't you have some already. I think I am leaning toward the SuperShaker right now, well of course, it cost more... LOL

BTW, both those engine bays look awesome!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:53 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

good luck.. my girl get's antsy even if she finds out I spend a measly $500 on my GT lol.

(-:

That super shaker is a nice looking kit, I heard it's whine is the most distinct among most TCs. WeeeeeEEEeeeeee!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

After 20 years of marriage I finally figured out how to play the game. I am glad she does not come on to Mustang Forums or I would be in trouble. After every mod I would prepare her for the next although the supercharger took a couple of years. Right after I installed my supercharger I begin laying the ground work for a new block and heads for next years Christmas bonus. What was funny I was trying to figure out how I could get the gauges for the car when she said is there anything you should do to protect the engine till you build up the bottom end needless to say I have my gauges now. Funny since I just proof read what I wrote never realized how sneaky I have become. Good luck convincing her and I will tell you FI is the way to go.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

Default where do you feel most of the power with a supercharger?

This is kind weird question but what does all that power feel like? I wanted to shoot for about the same numbers as the op and keep most of the rest of the car stock. Iam a older guy and did not want to launch or track the car just looking to punch it once in awhile and put a big smile on my face. I have driven a 436hp c6 and when i punch it in first at about 10mph you better hold on. will ths stang be about the same?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

OP I would defiently go with the SS. Thats about all I can say.

Quick Reply: Supercharger by spring????? Maybe!