Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I too have taken damage...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Default I too have taken damage...

While on my merry way to school (about to turn into the parking lot actually) i was rear ended by another car. In her defense i did have to stop a bit hard myself and it was drizzling so the roads were wet.

But by the looks of it ill need a new bumper and possibly new exhaust (one side is just hanging there and it hits the car when i hit bumps, i might just need a new axle back)

So, assuming i get new ones what should i get?
Its a redfire gt but i havent really considered the rear options until now. ill start searching when i get home but im at school now. just looking for opinions.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

California Special rear bumper, and Borla Stingers Axlebacks.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

C/S rear bumper is a good choice. Any pics of the damage?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

no pics yet, im at school so my nearest camera is an hour away, but im starting to be afraid that the damage might not be severe enough
ive never been in an accident before so im not very familiar with how the insurance will work.

So far ive looked into some rear bumpers and i kinda like the cs and boy racer ones.

Im about to go back to my car so i can go get some breakfast since i skipped my first class, ill take another look at the damage then.
i know something is broken on the exhaust cause hitting even the smallest bumps were making it hit my car quite annoyingly.

Edit:
ok after walking back to my car the damage to the exhaust is super noticible but doesnt look like it would take much to fix. I think the hanger or what ever holds it in place is broken loose. It probably just needs to be rewelded in place, but im still gonna try to find a way to get some stingers or something if it will save me a bit of money.
Im almost deffintly going to need a new bumper. there is a crease in the middle of the right hand side and its scraped up a good bit. i doubt they can get the bumper back to oem looking so ill probably get a new one.
When i do will the insurance just give me the money for a OEM bumper + paint and then i just use it for what i want, or will i have to tell them what im wanting? also, as far as paint matching, will it be ok? If its noticably different will insurance pay for it to be fixed or will they just call it good?

sorry for the wall of text, but im j ust trying to figure out what i want to do before talking to the insurance company

edit 2:
"...to deliver quality, sound, performance gains and enhanced fuel economy"
a decription for the borla axle backs said this. will i really see and power/economy gains? im guessing it would be extremly minimal if any.

Last edited by Shadow7874; 01-26-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the CS. when i spun mine around and messed up the bumper i got the quote with the CS bumber. The guy said it was only ~ 10 more dollars, and it worth every penny if you have the chance
Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
+1 on the CS. when i spun mine around and messed up the bumper i got the quote with the CS bumber. The guy said it was only ~ 10 more dollars, and it worth every penny if you have the chance
hmm, i just looked at newfordparts.com and the price difference was ~180 for the gt bumper and ~370 for the CS. Where did you get your quote from? Ford? Either way i wouldnt mind spending the $200 as long as its painted for free!

im starting to like the look of the roush rear but im not sure how it would look with the gt front and gt spoiler which i wont be changing. Does anyone know if the bumper will sit lower and how much is the roush exhaust? i dont want a ful exhuast, mainly the end so it fits the bumper. Ill probally end up with the cs, but i would like to explore the roush option a bit more.

Last edited by Shadow7874; 01-26-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rshamekh
California Special rear bumper, and Borla Stingers Axlebacks.
+1 love the look of the c/s rear bumper
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
hmm, i just looked at newfordparts.com and the price difference was ~180 for the gt bumper and ~370 for the CS. Where did you get your quote from? Ford? Either way i wouldnt mind spending the $200 as long as its painted for free!

im starting to like the look of the roush rear but im not sure how it would look with the gt front and gt spoiler which i wont be changing. Does anyone know if the bumper will sit lower and how much is the roush exhaust? i dont want a ful exhuast, mainly the end so it fits the bumper. Ill probally end up with the cs, but i would like to explore the roush option a bit more.
It was from a colision center by me. 720 total for the bumber, paint and to repaint my stripes. its a little more than i was expecting but, from my slip up ill take it
Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
black_z

Damn, that sux!

Is that color the same as Redfire? If so, Roush sells it painted for $665.

This Ebay store has it for $589 painted, if Redfire equals what you have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

I see "Make Offer" on the listing, so you might be able to get it for a little less.

They also have the Roush exhaust... just search for it on there.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

few pics, the damage isnt bad, but the bumper has alot of creases and marks that you cant see to well.

Quick Reply: I too have taken damage...