Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Question Good Deal?

So I have been looking into Lowering Springs and basically a ton of different suspension parts and it's just about as hard as choosing what Front Bumper I wanted or what wheels I wanted and seeing as Suspension parts are pretty much the only mod that improve every aspect of the car (Visual, Handling, Performance) it is defintely the last thing I want to skimp on. I have been getting estimate's from different places out here since if I were to do it all myself it would take 8+ hours and I am not kidding so I will be going to professionals since I don't want to mess anything up. Right now it looks like I can get Eibach Pro-Kit, BMR Adjustable Panhard, Tokico D Spec Adjustable Shocks/Struts all installed for right on or around $1000 I was also told they could do it in a few hours since they know it's my DD and I am stuck without it and there ready to hook me up with some DVD's and stuff to keep me busy while they knock it out they seem like A+ guys they charge $105 an hour for Labor which seems a bit much but I have only heard amazing stuff about the guys and after doing my own math it seems that if I were to buy all the stuff myself it would be close to $600-700 so I am basically paying $300 to get it done fast and to know it was done correctly they are also doing an Alignment so anyway I was just wondering if I was getting ripped off or this sounds pretty good? These are probably the only suspension mods I will ever do anyway since I want to have fun at the track and I live in the mountains so I like to get a little crazy around the twisties sometimes =) anyway just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sound good to me i would do it if you dont wanna do it yourself
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

if you have basic automotive knowledge you can do it yourself without a problem. grab a buddy and it'll go even better. just depends on your access to tools and how important $300 is to you
Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

It sounds good B but you most likely won't even need the BMR Adjustable Panhard. I know allot of guys who have the Pro kit on and did not need to do a panhard bar but if you ever want to go lower it will be one less part to buy later.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like a good deal. 1000 is what I payed for dspecs, pro-kit, install and allignment.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Well with my luck it seems like during every install I get very anxious and worry alot and stress out... (just ask Joe.... lol) I might have a heart attack if I try this one. Also...

Drfister how do you like the whole setup? When you first got it where you like "OMG its a whole new car" or was the difference minimal? How is the setup different from stok when you launch from a dig? When you set the Tokico's soft does it give a nice comfortable ride? Sorry for all the questions just wonderring what I have to look forward to. Besides how much meaner the car looks when dropped on the pro-kit.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

I gotta say its MUCH better. My cars a basic as ***** v6, no sways, so the dspecs and pro-kit made a world of differance. The adjustability of the shocks is key. I havent had too much time to play around with it as I got it done in October and the heavy snow started hitting shortly after, but you will definatly enjoy it. Corners and banked on ramps can be taken with more speed and much more confidance. If you stiffin up the rears and keep the fronts relitivly soft, it helps plant solid for launches. The ride quality dosent differ much from stock, and its hard to give an opinion to someone becuase everyone has different tastes, but I have em set at 3.5/4 turns from full hard and I like it. Nice handling and not too bumpy, and the roads here are far from ideal. You will definatly be happy with your purchase, it's money well spent!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

All I needed to hear =) thanks man.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

I like doing stuff myself and the suspension is one of the easier areas to work on IMO. I understand the reason you want to go to pros, though and it's no big deal. Sounds like a good price for everything. When I do mine, I'm going to do the install myself and go buy a lifetime alignment from Firestone for $140 so whenever I go do a DE on the weekend, I can swing by and get my camber and such set up how I want it. I think you're making a good decision on the adjustable panhard bar. Some guys will say that you don't need it, which is probably true, but it is a fact that your rear axle will not be centered, it just might be a small enough amount that you can't tell. This is magnified and much easier to spot if you have wider than stock wheels and tires on the back. I just hate knowing something isn't how it should be on my car, so paying $150 for an adjustable PHB is cheap peace of mind... all IMO of course.