Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem With Tune?? Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 AM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Default Problem With Tune?? Help Please!!

So last weekend I put on my JLT Air Intake with a Bama Tune 89 Torque and everything seemed to be fine until I got on the freeway and went above 60mph and my car just suddenly died and shut off. Im not sure if I installed something wrong or what it could be. Tomorrow morning I will try to upload the tune again but do you think this will fix it?? It has happened three times but only when I step on it going above 60 so and not everytime. Now my check engine light is on 2 but it didnt go on b4 and my car starts right back up if I put it in park once it dies! Please any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'd reinstall the stock airbox and stock tune simply to rule out something other than the custom tune. If everything is ok for a few days, then reinstall the Bama tune and CAI. If it happens again, contact Bama.

Have you tried loading one of the other tunes?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I'd reinstall the stock airbox and stock tune simply to rule out something other than the custom tune. If everything is ok for a few days, then reinstall the Bama tune and CAI. If it happens again, contact Bama.

K yea thats a good idea nuke! I think I will just do that. I uploaded the 87 tune for the first couple days.
Also do u know if I plug in my tuner will it give me a code to why the check engine light is on? What do I do to see the code. Sorry I all new to this stuff.
Thanks again!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Im pretty sure if you have a SCT theres an option to check trouble codes and clear them...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Redsox401
2nd Gear Member

if its a SCT go to vehicle info>check codes it should show you the code
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 PM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Redsox401
if its a SCT go to vehicle info>check codes it should show you the code
Yea its a SCT and I just did that but it said No codes found or something and then stupid me reloaded the 89 torque tune and the check engine light is off now so its probably gonna be hard to find out what the problem is now. I should probably just do what nuke said and put all my stock stuff back on for a while I guess.

Also sorry for my stupidity but could my alternator have anything to do with it dieing at high speeds...I dont think soo but thought I would say I just had it replaced about 2 weeks ago at the dealer.

Thanks 4 all the help once again!!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

That would be my suggestion and then call Doug. Might be a corrupted file.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I truly doubt it's the alternator. Typically, there's no connection (so to speak) but with these cars, ANYTHING is possible... I'd be shocked if it was.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:41 PM
TorchRedStang06
1st Gear Member

Yea Joe that is exactly what I will do. I uploaded the tune again and everything seems to be fine got it up above 60 too and its seems alright now but Im still scared it will do it at the worst time u know? I will call doug tomorrow and see if he has ever heard of sometin like this.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Hey there sammy,

I recall reading about the TSB on issues with the fuel pump developing bubbles at steady RPMs (mainly after cruises). Thing is, you had told me it never did this before hand, did it? I still think you'll be okay just resetting the tune - and make sure you take that tuner with you! If you're real worried about it, take your stock airbox with you back to school... just in case.

Hope for the best!

Quick Reply: Problem With Tune?? Help Please!!