Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which rims should I get???
18" Deep Dish Black Bullitts w/Chrome Lip
38.96%
18" Black Saleen Replicas (SN95 Version)
33.77%
18" FR500s w/Chrome Lip
27.27%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

RIM DECISION POLL

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

I ordered the 18" black Saleen's with the 05 offset today. Will have them by next week so you know my choice. Why SN95 on the Saleens?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Dannyf8989
2nd Gear Member

go with the fr500s. Bullets are way too common.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Saleens
Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

IMO, all three of the wheels that you listed are played out. It's seems to me that every wheel thread on this forum debates between at least 2 of the 3 wheels that you mentioned (if not all 3 of them). They are popular for a reason; they look good! But there are more wheels out there than bullits, FR5000s, and Saleen wheels and they will help set your car apart from the rest. If those wheels are going to fit your overall design of your car, then by all means get them. Just be sure that you want the wheels that you pick. It's a pretty expensive upgrade!

I'd say that out of the 3 wheels list, go with the bullits. As common as they are, I think they would look best with your vista blue stang.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JasperGT
IMO, all three of the wheels that you listed are played out. It's seems to me that every wheel thread on this forum debates between at least 2 of the 3 wheels that you mentioned (if not all 3 of them). They are popular for a reason; they look good! But there are more wheels out there than bullits, FR5000s, and Saleen wheels and they will help set your car apart from the rest. If those wheels are going to fit your overall design of your car, then by all means get them. Just be sure that you want the wheels that you pick. It's a pretty expensive upgrade!
i couldnt agree more. they are also some of the most affordable rims out there.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:54 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
That is very true. Probably one of the reasons why they are so popular.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

Fr500's all the way man.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasperGT

I'd say that out of the 3 wheels list, go with the bullits. As common as they are, I think they would look best with your vista blue stang.
I have to agree with what you said for the most part. I have a set of GT-R Replica's on my car. I have never seen these on another car in person or at any show I've been to here in Florida. I think they look great but (always a but) just like the you said......the wheels he is looking at are dicussed at length on this Forum.

I think the reson is simple they look good. While we may know 15 guys on this forum that have each of these wheels..... in the real world how often do you actually come across them?

I have only seen one set of black saleens in Tampa (myself) and that was on a 2004. I thought his wheels looked so sick that I knew I wanted them. I may be the only 05+ in Tampa that is running this wheel and tire combo.

With all that crap said....get what you want for the look you going for.

I wish someone would have put the saleens on a white car before I bought but I got sick of waiting so I decided to take a chance.

Listen to the guy in the yellow mustang (MellowYellow) His car has been on a mag cover so he must be doing somthing right!

One thing to try and do is look at the wheels from all angles. I love my current wheels from a direct side and "slightly" of to the side look but there are a couple of angles that I really dont care for. Plus with a deep dish on an 18's it "shrinks" the spokes even further. This isn't as big a deal on darker cars but IMO it is on lighter cars. That is the main reason I like the saleens. The spokes come out to the end of the rim. Does that make any sense to everyone or am I just way to picky?

P.S. They all look good.

Last edited by tampa07gt; 02-14-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

my choice was the s95 saleens but if i had the money i'd get some original rims to set my car apart from all the others..... BUT i love the look of these for now.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5SPD07GT
BAM. Right there lol. I would love some Ultralight Steedas or Pentars or something else cool but that more than doubles the price for rims. These 3 all look good and are all affordable. I understand the bullitts and FR500s being played out, but SN95 saleens? I've only seen them on a couple cars and never in person. I first saw them on Mikey's GT and thought they looked sick. THey look sweet on XXDereks car too!

Quick Reply: RIM DECISION POLL