Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post-accident problems, what could it be?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Default Post-accident problems, what could it be?

Ok well i was rear ended a couple weeks ago and finally im taking my car to get it fixed on tuesday. The only problem is, Allstate wont pay the $50 to have my car inspected for clutch/transmission/gear problems. Well, im 99% sure i have a problem, just dont know what it could be.
Basically, the whole car shakes when i start off in first, but its after i start rolling just as the clutch is all the way out, but it only happens on rare occasion. Almost feeling like slipping i guess, but its the whole car just shuddering, and it goes away as soon as i push the clutch back in, and retry it.
Could something have gotten messed up in my rear gears when i got hit or is my clutch or tranny going south?

so what should i do? ask them to inspect the gears clutch and transmission? i cant describe what it does very well, but im going to drive around tommorrow and try to see if i can make it happen on demand so i can show someone.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:06 AM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

If the accident was not your fault Allstate should do anything you want, they will get reimbursed by other ins co. Do you have a police report that states fault. If it was your fault than I suggest finding a new insurance co. after this is over.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:22 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Motor/transmission mounts??
Drive shaft coupler/u-joints?

Anyway, don't let Allstate intimidate you...
They're wrong, talk to a supervisor if you haven't already done so.
They will honor their part of the bargain when they realize you know your schit and you're willing to take this to small claims

You have to know that those bastards (not limited to Allstate only) play this game all the time and they shaft people 8 times out of ten.

Be one of the 2 other people that don't quit
Old 02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Maybe some pics so we can tell if it was a 20mph hit or a 80mph hit?
I got rearended and I had zero sheetmetal damage.
But my intermediate tailpipe was bent something fierce where it went
over the rear end and required replacement. I had to fight teeth
and nails to get them to replace the bent pipe instead of the hack
and weld job they proposed. 3 times repaint of the bumper cover
until it finally kinda matched.
Whats the extent of your damage besides it sounds awful when you
accelerate.

EDIT: I was stopped at a stoplight with the stang in neutral with my
foot firmly planted on the brake, clutch engaged when I was rearended.

Last edited by 157dB; 02-14-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Rear muffler is hanging a few inches (currently tied up with a coar hanger)
Bumper has creases and some other damage.
and liscense plate is bent in half.

It was not a hard hit though, speed limit was 35 ish and her brakes locked, but i couldnt tell you how fast she was going when she hit me. Her fualt for sure though, i was stopped.

Im pretty sure allstate is standing their groun, because my mom called and told them that we have 3 houses and 7 cars insured by allstate and they still wont even though she said we would be switching i think. Plus we now are taking the rental car which costs them $40 anways, and we werent going to before.

They will pay if ford finds damage and can prove its from the accident, but they wont pay to look for damage. I think thats how they said it, my mom has been doing the talking since my car is in her name at the moment, plus she knows alot more about what else we have insured.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Pay the $50 for the test then go after the insurance companies for reimbursement.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

That's right, if you front the money it will be part of the supplement.
It will also prove that you (or the dealer) are not bullschitting.

I don't trust Insurance Cies but some people try to milk the deal and put all the previous damages on one claim. Always 2 sides in one story...

They just wanna make sure that everything is legit.

Seems like your Mom can ball with them.
Good luck.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

that's why when you are hit you need to drive your car off to a deserted stretch of road and make sure it is totaled! A nice steep cliff could do it.
But i don't understand this at all. Is YOUR insurance company hassling you? Never had that happen when it was not MY fault! And I have never paid a dime when I was rear-ended.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
that's why when you are hit you need to drive your car off to a deserted stretch of road and make sure it is totaled! A nice steep cliff could do it.
But i don't understand this at all. Is YOUR insurance company hassling you? Never had that happen when it was not MY fault! And I have never paid a dime when I was rear-ended.
Only thing i feel i should pay is the extra 100 or so for my california special bumper upgrade. The good thing is, if there is a problem, i had my car up at ford a month or so ago to look into a problem i had getting into reverse, and they told me the clutch was fine, so either it was caused by the accident, or the dealer bs'ed me and it should be covered by them since i was in warrant than but arent now.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

if there's a problem that was caused by the accident it should be easy for them to spot

Quick Reply: Post-accident problems, what could it be?