Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MustangTuning.com ripped me off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:40 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default MustangTuning.com ripped me off!!!

Back in April, I ordered and paid for an XCalibrator Tuner with two tunes from mustangtuning.com

The tuner arived, with only one tune on it, and a note from the programmer stating that they could not do a nitrous tune without having the car on a dyno. This was all fine and dandy, except I'd paid for 2 tunes, and had only received one.

I emailed mustang tuning (sales@mustangtuning.com and support@mustangtuning.com) MANY MANY times about this issue.

All I wanted was for them to send me a tune for 87 octane so I could switch between the 93 and 87 depending on gas prices. Since I'd already paid them for the tune, they owed it too me.

Time passes, no responces... so I email again, asking the same thing over... nothing...

More time passes, more email, still no responces. Obviously they don't care that they stole from me, so I thought it best to post their actions to warn the rest of you.

I would highly recommend ordering any/all parts from a reputable dealer, and avoiding mustang tuning at all costs.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: MustangTuning.com ripped me off!!!

Sorry to hear that. I have done business with them on multiple occasions, and have had great customer service. I would not hesitate to use them again.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Just out of curiosity, have you tried calling them? All I see in your post is that you tried to e-mail them. They do have a phone number: 1-888-STANG-GT and a fax number.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

My xcal was defective when it arrived, but here's the kicker: the tuning is down by Steeda, NOT mustangtuning. Also, they do answer the phone and helped me with dealing with the problem I came up with and had me contact Steeda.

Suggestion: call MT, get the number for Steeda's tuning dept. and speak to them. They were helpful.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:08 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Why dont you get on sct website and have them e-mail you the tune? They have some techs there that answer all the questions and help people out.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:17 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

SCT won't email you the tunes, already tried... (or at least that's what they told me)

I posted a similar message on the MustangTuning.com forum, and guess what... suddenly they started caring!

I was given an email address to someone named 'Chris', who refunded the cost difference between the tuner and the extra tune I purchased.

Didn't really help, but at least I got the money back for the tune I didn't get... (I wanted the tune so I could use the SCT software to change the gear ratios)
Old 06-14-2005, 05:37 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

SCT won't email you the tunes, already tried... (or at least that's what they told me)

I posted a similar message on the MustangTuning.com forum, and guess what... suddenly they started caring!

I was given an email address to someone named 'Chris', who refunded the cost difference between the tuner and the extra tune I purchased.

Didn't really help, but at least I got the money back for the tune I didn't get... (I wanted the tune so I could use the SCT software to change the gear ratios)
That is the downside to the SCT (vs. the Predator) - no downloads. The Predator easily changes the speedo for gear ratios (as well as different tire sizes). And "Chris" is Chris Chamblee... that is who I have worked with and he has been great!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:40 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

thats strang.. you might send a personal e-mail to one of the sct guys.. I just got a tune e-mailed to me for the prochager install. But your right.. you paid for it.. they should have supplied it..
Old 06-14-2005, 05:44 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

thats strang.. you might send a personal e-mail to one of the sct guys.. I just got a tune e-mailed to me for the prochager install. But your right.. you paid for it.. they should have supplied it..
Hmmm.. isn't that a Predator box in your pic?
Old 06-14-2005, 05:56 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ummmmmmmmmm...... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... maybe.. hahha.. anyone want a new diablo? not taken out of box?? hahah....

they dont seem to have a good tune for the procharger and none of them have writen me back.. soooo... I'm a turn coat

Quick Reply: MustangTuning.com ripped me off!!!