Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free SCT X3 Tuner and CAI Kit - Orlando Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 AM
MorePowerMike

Still looking for a 2005+ V6.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MorePowerMike
Mustang GT has been found. (RussJe)

Still looking for the V6.

It doesn't really matter to me where you come from, the only stipulation to consider is that you can't stick around during dyno tuning. You would have to leave and come back at the end of the day.

Completely stock is preferred. Axle changes don't matter, axle back exhaust is okay, but would rather not deal with the skewing of stock numbers.

I would like to get it done this month.
Why is not staying for the dyno a stipulation?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I can come anyday and be there tommrow if u accept, but +1 above, the exhaust that i use now doesn't change the hp of the car too greatly, its a kit from ford which states it has a +12 hp gain.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
MorePowerMike

Stang-aholic, PM me. Tuesday next week works best.

As for not sticking around, it's not a facility that is setup for visitors so that is just how it has to be.

You get a free tuner, free intake, and free dyno'd custom tunes.

If you'd like to pay $700-$1000 for the same service I'm sure someone will let you stick around and watch the car being dyno'd. This deal however doesn't allow it. Sorry. Again, PM me to lock yourself in as the V6.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
MorePowerMike

V6 is still open.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

I'm sure you could easily find transportation to Disney World if you need something to do during the day.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
russje
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boochy
I'm sure you could easily find transportation to Disney World if you need something to do during the day.
Just dropped my V8 off this morning. This place isn't really near any public transportation, and is actually across town from Disney.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
MorePowerMike

Originally Posted by russje
Just dropped my V8 off this morning. This place isn't really near any public transportation, and is actually across town from Disney.
The V8 has been tuned. Thanks Jeff, for lending your vehicle.

Comparing the S&B to the BBK intake kit, I have to say the BBK is much nicer. (sorry S&B guys, but it's true) The install was easier, it looks more appealing and the power was greater. The S&B needed no tuning at idle-mid range, but up top it leaned out way too much and required a custom tune. The BBK needed a custom tune from Idle-WOT.

The 08 Mustang we used had lower than usual stock hp numbers, but the gains were still there. On a SAFE custom tune with A/F of 12.8/1 it made an extra 20hp and 20lbs/tq over stock. The gains would be higher if it was left at the usual 13.2/1 AFR, but to me that is not safe.

I have dyno graphs saved comparing stock to each intake that I will post later.

The mustang left the dyno with a 93 Perf, 87 Perf, and 87 Economy.. and obviously the BBK intake and X3 tuner.

V6 people chime in and get your car tuned. Call a custom tuning dyno shop and ask them how much for a BBK intake, 3 custom tunes, and a full day of dyno. It's not just 2 WOT pulls. It's a full day of locking in the tune from top to bottom. When you hear how much this would cost you should be jumping on this opportunity.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
russje
2nd Gear Member

I will say they did have my car all day. I dropped it off at 9am, and it wasn't done until almost 6pm. So if that's not a full day of dynoing I don't know what is.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by russje
I will say they did have my car all day. I dropped it off at 9am, and it wasn't done until almost 6pm. So if that's not a full day of dynoing I don't know what is.
No disrepect intended, but the numbers your tuner posted are only average with every other mail order tune out there, so the question is are you happy with it (can't complain too much with free ).

Quick Reply: Free SCT X3 Tuner and CAI Kit - Orlando Area