Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should i lower?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Default Should i lower?

hey,
i just ordered my new wheels about an hour ago, and i just wanted to know if you guys think 20's will look weird on a V6 stock suspension, i plan on lowering my mustang in time, but i was just curious if i should bump it up sooner on my list of things to get. thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 02:00 PM
ABQstang89
3rd Gear Member

I think it just depends alot on tire size and how low of a profile you go with. Your car would look pretty mean lowered. Get your wheels and try them out for a little bit and see if you like the look. But post pics as soon as you get them on. I have a 6er too and want to see how the 20's look. Can't decide if I should pick a new rim or not, the ones i want only come in 18.

Last edited by ABQstang89; 03-13-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
OhioState87
2nd Gear Member

Depends on if you have the money or not. If you know you want to lower it, then why not do it asap?

I'm buying new wheels and tires this summer and was going to lower it with FRPP's, but there's a lot more to it than just buying lowering springs apparently. I don't know too much about the suspension aspect of things, so I assumed that all I needed were the springs. Now, I've been told that I'll need camber bolts, possibly a panhard bar, and strut mounts. And apparently it's a good idea to get new shocks/struts too. I don't have the money for all that at once, so I'm going to have to get just the wheels and tires.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

il post pics right once i get them on, i still need the tires. if i get my tax return soon then ill have them installed in 2 weeks, if not then im gunna have to wait for 3 weeks. the reason i dont do it asap is because next on my list was a full exhaust, followed by engine work like induction and pulleys and such. then painted stripes. then im movin to driveshaft and gears. then im going to suspension. then interior work. and alot more after that.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

When in doubt, lower it!! You can get the Eibach pro-kit for a little more than $200 and the install is really easy.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

should i just go with springs, cause i was planning on getting a complete suspension like new struts and everything. but idk, im not a suspension wiz. r the stock struts fine or should i replace my struts along with when i do do my springs. like i was looking at roushes suspension for 1500
Old 03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
should i just go with springs, cause i was planning on getting a complete suspension like new struts and everything. but idk, im not a suspension wiz. r the stock struts fine or should i replace my struts along with when i do do my springs. like i was looking at roushes suspension for 1500
I have the roush stage 2 kit, and its nice. Also, you can get it for less than 1500 (if thats the one you are looking at).

Its best to do everything at once especially for the strut. Keep in mind that if you lower without the new shocks/struts - the stock ones will fail and you will need to replace them anyway, so why not do it. If you don't have the money, then save until you have both so the install would be a lot easier. They will always be there

I also recommend a adjustable panhard (BMR) and new strut mounts (GT500) as well if you can. If you go with the roush kit, you don't really need to the panhard, but I put it in just in case.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

you can go with just springs for now and get the rest of the stuff later. I've been running the Eibach pro-kit only for a year now and everything is fine.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:48 AM
pnut
2nd Gear Member

FRPP springs here (not shocks or other susp mods). I have 18s on mine though.

The front is actually a bit too low, I'm thinking of putting stock springs back on the front for the right balance.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think if you run 35 serires up front and 30 series in back (285 or wider for staggered setup) it will look better then what you have now esp with the hood and front of the car. JMO but if you get the springs and can afford the shocks get them at the same time!

Quick Reply: Should i lower?