Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hail damage...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
gt7er
1st Gear Member

Default hail damage...

Luckily it wasn't too bad ...only damage seems to be on the hood --about 8 or 9 small dings...

have any of you guys gotten hail damage and gotten it fixed? I'm gonna get quotes to fix them ...but it might be worth it to get a new hood.

feel free to share your experience...
Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

"paint less dent repair" only way to go. sorry to hear about the damage. makes me sick every time the weatherman threatens hail around here.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gt7er
Luckily it wasn't too bad ...only damage seems to be on the hood --about 8 or 9 small dings...

have any of you guys gotten hail damage and gotten it fixed? I'm gonna get quotes to fix them ...but it might be worth it to get a new hood.

feel free to share your experience...
That's because the hood is aluminum.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

I posted this in anoter section, but I'll post it here as well.....

I dodge Texas hale like I dodge Aces Baby!!!

So I'm at work today here in Austin and I know we got a storm coming but I had no idea hale was coming. So I live about 9 miles away from work. I'm listening to a cd, but decide to turn on the stereo. It's getting pretty dark b/c of the cloud cover, and the dj on the stereo says that hale is just north of where my house is. I'm freakin out thinking I need to find covered parking and everything is cool for the next 1/2 mile or so. So I get close to the freeway and just before I do, the hail starts coming, not too hard yet, but I make a quick right turn, turn into a assisted living / nursing home. I hear about 2 or so big thumps on my car, then pull up at the home's front door under a covered driveway, just barely in time. Hail was coming down as much as 3 inches thick. Hell, if the hale got too close, I was gonna use my body as a shield lol. Everyone else is either out of luck, looking for a tree to hide under, or hide under the freeway overpass driving over curbs and stuff.

So it lasts about 10 minutes or so and I start heading home (about another 7 miles to go) and I probably saw at least a dozen cars with busted windows on the road, plus all these cars at a dealership just got rocked bad.

Whew!!! close one. I was very fortunate. I'll have a closer look at my baby tomorrow to make sure it's all good.

Here's a pic of someone's car on the freeway I was getting too....
Old 03-26-2009, 03:27 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah there was some crazy hail yesterday in Austin. A lot of cars in the parking lot where I work in north Austin was beat to hell. I left about an hour or so before it started so I missed it.

Some people sent around emails where I work with pics showing the size of the hail and holy crap they were HUGE.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I had it happen to me last summer and made a post about it. Too bad I never took pictures, but at the time I didn't have a high enough res camera that would pickup the majority of the dents.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...o-be-sick.html

The end result took over a month in the repair shop with one return trip that lasted another week. The hood, and roof were replaced, inaddition the trunk, spoiler and fenders had to be painted or at the least blended. The total cost for everything was well over 5k of which I had to cover $500. The only good thing to come out of it was my mirrors got painted to match while it was in the shop.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Mine was in the garage... I check the weather reports now that I live in hail alley aka central texas. I was outside taking pictures yesterday afternoon and saw my coworker who lives in the same neighborhood fly past doing 80mph lol. His VW Gti is toast. Hail even punctured his headlight and rear taillight covers!! front and rear windsheild are busted too.

Funny thing.. I saw several cars moving slowly throughout the neighborhood during the hailstorm.. insurance money??? or what?
Old 03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

pdr ftw bbq lol
Old 03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

It was crazy dude. Shredded the trees even! Baseball sized hail. The streets were white with ice.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Living in Mass I haven't seen any crazy hail storms, but last summer a dealership near me advertised their "hail sale" ten times a day for a few months after a hailstorm hit a part of Mass.

Quick Reply: hail damage...