Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRAND new bullitt:FIRST MODS EVER!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 12:54 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and congratz on your first mods. You will get the sound your looking for but you might not feel that much difference in power. The tune from Bamachips will add more power and a better feel to your car. If you are looking for more power get the charge motion delete plates. The Bullitt intake is good enough I wound not change it. Also you might try the UDP and an aluminum drive shaft, they don't add power, they help get the power to the rear tires.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:55 PM
ICIBUY
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7STANG
Well he should already have the Ford CAI if it is a Bullitt.

I think you are going to be very happy with the L/T's & Boomtube setup. IMO the Boomtubes are the best sounding mufflers out there.
My bad, I forgot the Bullitt comes with the Ford CAI already. While we are talking Boomtubes... anyone care to throw some info on how bad the drone is with the boomtubes? On a 1-10 scale how bad is the drone with your boomtubes on a pretty much stock GT?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Just noticed you have the 2009 Bullitt. The delete plates won't fit unless you replace the intake manifold.
http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt...2005-2008.aspx
Old 03-27-2009, 04:29 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

why wont charge motion deletes fit? her intake manifold looks identical to the one I had on mine, though tbh, I didnt look down the runners on the intake manifuld to see if the plates are there, but I dont think ford has removed them.

Also, she has already added a BBK CAI and Throttlebody, so enough about C.A.Is !!! lol. I explained how UDPs work to her, she wasnt all that interested. But the Charge motions wernt a bad idea. Other then Full intake and full exhaust and tune, now shes gonna be cracking into internals to add more unless I am mistaken. That is till she decides to supercharge it if ever.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:17 PM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
why wont charge motion deletes fit? her intake manifold looks identical to the one I had on mine, though tbh, I didnt look down the runners on the intake manifuld to see if the plates are there, but I dont think ford has removed them.

Also, she has already added a BBK CAI and Throttlebody, so enough about C.A.Is !!! lol. I explained how UDPs work to her, she wasnt all that interested. But the Charge motions wernt a bad idea. Other then Full intake and full exhaust and tune, now shes gonna be cracking into internals to add more unless I am mistaken. That is till she decides to supercharge it if ever.
In 2009 Ford made the intake and charge motion plates 1 piece, so she would need to buy the intake manifold and the CMDP. I bought the intake manifold and Steeda CMDP just in case I wanted to restore my Bullitt. Plus I can sell the intake when I don't need it anymore.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

thanx chub thats so stuff i didnt know.im an old diehard gearhead that loves fast cars that sound good. um just learning how to do this stuff so excuse me.by the way yours looks SWEET TOO! im really going out there now but im going to make some vids of the mods as i get them done.what #do you have? i have 6230#
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

sorry man i just saw your# you were one of the first out there and i will be one of the last.thats cool but sad
Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

hmm.... I know someone with a supercharger who has a 08 intake sitting in a box ;-)

Just let me know if you want to get the delete plates. If you end up going for a vortech, you should be able to leave it all in too.

http://www.brenspeed.com/555-3134.html + my intake would give you a little more power.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 AM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Question cmdp

thier website said 08.mines an 09.im gonna look at the steeda but i really dont think i need that.dont you have the frpp one jd?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpeedingBullitt
thier website said 08.mines an 09.im gonna look at the steeda but i really dont think i need that.dont you have the frpp one jd?
I should have said Intake manifold, not intake. The part I had to pull off to put my Saleen on. You can get delete plates and use my manifold to un-integrate the valves and manifold that your car currently has.

Quick Reply: BRAND new bullitt:FIRST MODS EVER!!!!!