Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monster TT Build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default Monster TT Build...

I haven't been around much lately cause I have been deep into this build but thought I would update you guys on how it's going as it's coming into the final weeks of completion.

Just a recap, my previous build was a custom 3.4 whipple set-up making 793 rwhp streetable. Best 1/4 was a 9.67 @ 141 mph at Fontana with a 3800 DA.

I am using the same short block - a boss 4.6 block stroked to 330 ci with custom Diamond pistons and some other goodies but just about everything else has changed on this new build. The highlights are a custom water-cooled 67mm twin turbo system that allows for big power and street conditions and keeping your passenger seat and all interior room. How the kit is designed is pretty trick placement of the water cooler...

Some of the other highlights are a custom designed reverse mount intake system from Justin Burcham at JPC. Livernois stepped up for this build with a set of ridiculous heads - a custom set of type 'R' heads that flow out of this world and will stand up to 8000 rpm with ease. Livernois also spec'd the custom Comp Stage IV Turbo cams for this build. BMR contributed greatly to the new suspension and weight shaving efforts, and Modular Depot was also very helpful along with Currie enterprises who rebuilt an entire new rear end set-up for me. I also switched a bullet proof TH400 trans with a continental converter built by Mike's Transmissions.

The build is pretty extensive but should be one of the sickest street cars in the country here in a few short weeks. I have removed 400 lbs from the car while retaining a stock appearance and I am adding over 300 hp so this thing should really haul the mail...lol

Some progress pics...

First project weight shaving...

Parts started to arrive...

Motor prepped...

Custom Header Fabrication...

Prepping for the hot side...

Mocking the turbo location...

Mounting the turbos...

JPC Custom Intake...

More pics to come. I am also keeping a detailed list of weight shaving mods and what each weighs and I will post the list at the end of the build and some of you may find it very interesting. I was able to remove 400 lbs off the car. Some of them extreme like a manual rack and lightweight brakes, but others simple and surprisingly easy things to lose.

I will be keeping the stock computer in an attempt to take the 3V crown. After - I have decided to put a F.A.S.T. in the car and turn it up. I plan to make 1200 rwhp through the stock computer and drive it to the track for mid to low 8's...

I cannot thank Greg at RET enough for making this build a reality!

Last edited by modaddict; 03-31-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

looks beautiful im excited to see the final product. did you remove those noise blocks by the panhard bar when shaving weight?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Dear god.... I will trade you my wife for the car ! ..LOL! Nice job .. is all the fabbing done by you or are you having some helping hands !?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
Dear god.... I will trade you my wife for the car ! ..LOL! Nice job .. is all the fabbing done by you or are you having some helping hands !?
Thanks. The fabbing is being done through Greg at RET along with his in-house fab guru - Augie...
Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Here are a couple pics of the old set-up...

Old 03-31-2009, 06:01 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

..woah
Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

ck that car is amazing. i seen a few of the photos on the other forum. (wsp08dkcandygt)
and like how you used the old fog light assembly for the turbos. oh well you dont need them any how.
good luck with the rest of the build. cant wait to see numbers when she is all done.

how did you end up shaving 400 lbs. i know the heater core and some other components, but what else?

oh yeah, justin did a great job on that intake. that looks sick inside the engine bay.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:08 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I've watched as you have continued to improve your awesome stang. You are definately going to the extreme now!!! Congrats, and keep those pictures coming. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

looks like you really gutted the interior. the weight shaving list should be interesting. should be a beast @ the track!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Nice, congrats.

Quick Reply: Monster TT Build...