Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does 500 RWHP Feel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

These cars are heavy so 500 hp is manageable and very streetable, but you'll get used to the power and the car won't feel that fast anymore and you'll be looking for more. As how it feels it depends on the person. I had someone ride in my car and they said they couldn't breathe under acceleration. A few people have said it feels like butterflies in their stomach. Also have people say their legs feels weak and its hard to stand and walk after. To me it just feels like a slightly modded mustang...........until I drive a stock one lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang910
These cars are heavy so 500 hp is manageable and very streetable, but you'll get used to the power and the car won't feel that fast anymore and you'll be looking for more. As how it feels it depends on the person. I had someone ride in my car and they said they couldn't breathe under acceleration. A few people have said it feels like butterflies in their stomach. Also have people say their legs feels weak and its hard to stand and walk after. To me it just feels like a slightly modded mustang...........until I drive a stock one lol.
I've never had anyone ride in my car more than once...lol (my wife included)
Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I've always thought the sweetest deal would be violent acceleration where you are thrown back into your seat and have trouble leaning forward to grab at anything in front of you. You know the old 50 dollar bill test. lol

Unfortunately I'll never get there. I'm done at 400/400.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Although I am only in the mid 420 range now, coming from a stock GT to this was just an awesome difference! And with these superchargers, you can drive normal and get great gas mileage... but all you need to do is punch the gas and your car is transformed

I had never driven or even riden in a SC car until I installed mine last month and what a kick! But keeping it safe with a good tune along with supporting suspension upgrades is a must. I can already see that my car will need a few more things before I get done including rear sway bar and some quality struts/shocks.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by modaddict
I've never had anyone ride in my car more than once...lol (my wife included)
I'd like to take ride with ya, but I'm sure afterwards I'd say I'm never doing it again lol. Does your 9 second ride ever get boring and feel like its not fast enough?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I got 440rwhp and its fun. I just want more now!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

To me it's about respect...no not that you will be respected more but you have to respect the power..you research and build as safe and strong as you can but ultimately you need to respect the power you have...I am very happy with my 545rwhp and 547 torque...it is a blast to drive
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

well put TJ. I think Im am going to go with a Built Motor then supercharge it with the H/O whipple. I would rather build for safety before I slap some FI into the mix. But I have about a year before I get anything big.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
RedDogGT

Thanks for the responses. This is what I was hoping to get. My goal of thereabouts 500HP should be attainable with relative performance mods. I'm still on the fence about S/C or T/C, but that is really a matter taste. From there I will be focusing in on weight-reduction and performance suspension. I am planning on road/track racing, but not so extreme that I have to give up weekend drives or it becomes a trailer queen.

Moaddict: Your setup looks impressive...I'd like to know more about what gear you're running.

I had concerns that Mustang platform would prove to be too heavy or sluggish, even with 500HP pounding the pavement. The Mustang makes for an excellent drag racer, but how does it fair on road races? I think the live axle could be a liability.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedDogGT
The Mustang makes for an excellent drag racer, but how does it fair on road races? I think the live axle could be a liability.
It does alright. The live axle isn't as big of a deal if the pavement is smooth. Do a search on youtube for sam strano.

Quick Reply: How does 500 RWHP Feel?