Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All this about kills is Bull

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Default All this about kills is Bull

Lets face it we may take our Mustangs out and say we beat this or that but the truth is was it a comparable car or not. You could run up against a modified Dodge Neon SRT4 and get your a_ _ wiped. Run a Hemi against a Hemi a Mustang against a Mustang all unmodified and the truth will be told it sometimes comes down to the driver. Mods are for this so you can hopefully beat anything you come up against.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:15 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: All this about kills is Bull

I'm not really sure what your point is, but if I ever get beat by a modded STR4 I'm going to ask him what he's done and tell him he did a good job. In the end though I know that when my Mustang is still running that STR4 will be Coke cans. As far as comparing apples to oranges it can be fun. I once had a modified GMC pickup with a 454 that could kill a lot of cars including some midly modified 5.0 Mustangs. It wasn't the fastest thing around but I suprised a lot of people with it and it was fun.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:23 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

eh... what's a little fun? But, you're right.. there's always a bigger fish.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I'm past being interested in street racing, I enjoy popping the top and cruising a lot more than racing I've got my motorcycles when I feel the need for some real speed. But if you're going to street race, why limit yourself to only racing other Mustangs? Not sure what your point is. It would be a lot more fun to wipe the smile off an M6 driver's face than another Mustang's driver.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:16 PM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

we beat this or that but the truth is was it a comparable car or not
I think I understand your point but it is fun when someone challenges you no matter what you or they are driving. Of course I'm going through my second childhood right now.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I'm past being interested in street racing, I enjoy popping the top and cruising a lot more than racing I've got my motorcycles when I feel the need for some real speed...

What he said.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:41 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

OK a kill is a kill, but I wouldn't waste my time to run something like a rice burner and then brag about it.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:28 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

I don't get the point but if someone in a SRT-4 or any other car for that matter wants to race and gets his *** handed over, it is a kill, the same way if I loose against any car and loose, it's still a kill for the other vehicle. Part of the fun is not knowing what the other car have. The other night I was at the track and in the line next to me there was an Acura, normally aspirated. I ran a 9.008 and he ran a 8.88 (1/8 mile), he won.I was consistent all night on the 9.0s and one run at 8.92, so was he in the 8.8s. I raced him once again and my time was 9.09, his was 8.87, this time I won with a better R/T.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:46 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Last night I was up against an 05 GTO at the track. His 13.76 was better than my 13.92, but at 1320 feet, he was nowhere in sight... my RT whooped his.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:53 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

if you mod your car to race then you better be ready to see anything in the next lane. Mustangs don't always race mustangs. that's just silly.

BTW - I absolutely HATE neons/SRT-4 and they are junk, but they can easily hand you your *** with very slight turbo modifications. Tust me. I have found out the hard way [&o]

Quick Reply: All this about kills is Bull