Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed tune 2nd try

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ws7139
wow that sucks ill make sure not to buy from brenspeed
then you'll be missing out. they are one of the most trusted mustang shops in USA.
Mustangmaster, they will get it right. it could be something else that is not tune related, like a vacuum leak or bad fuel pump. you really won't see a leak, but you will have rough idle.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
Wow, your loss, but Brenspeed is one of the best Mustang tuners in the country. Their customer service can't be beat. I can personally attest to this. They will bend over backwards to make sure the OP gets his CAI/tune fixed and running perfectly. One mistake isn't cause to abandon an entire company.
Agreed...they bent over backwards for me over a shipping error on a set of sparkplugs....I am sure they have more important and more financially rewarding things to do than worry about a UPS screw up. But they went the extra mile for me...and have a customer for life.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Wow.. thats bizzare (the no codes thing) Maybe something is wrong with the car.. could return it to stock and take it into ford... maybe something happend to the PCM.

This doesn't seem like an issue with brenspeed to me.. either the sct messed something up or something else messed up somehow..
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Fullsayl
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ws7139
wow that sucks ill make sure not to buy from brenspeed
Too bad, Brent and his guys have a proven track record of outstanding customer service. I am sure that they will take care of you MustangMaster, they have always done right by me.

Hell, they sent a tow truck 200 miles to pick up a MF'ers ride, and then brought it back just to make things right...now THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

~Matty
Old 04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=I'm taking a picture of the serial number label on the back. Going to call them and tell them I want a replacement retuned. Something is wrong with the device obviously. Very disappointing.[/QUOTE]

When you call press 3 and speak with Dave. As you said earlier you know the tune is awesome and after re-loading the device a couple times you feel it is not working. Something is going on for sure with the device or the car. Either way we can help get you taken care of. That is the fastest way to get a response. 574.594.9559 option 3. Please call as the forums are not checked daily and I just happened to run across this thread. Thanks he will get you taken care of.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

I am planning to do a CAI/tune on my '05 GT as soon as finances allow me. I have been in customer service since 1982 and my service has been in what is warmly known by many, as the "stealership".
I will say two things regarding this matter.
ONE - People seldom compliment you for doing what's expected, but will praise you when you exceed their expectations.
TWO - The key factor to good service is not necessary how well a business performs, but how they react to a customer's needs when a problem occurs/exists.
I have observed the comments made by Brenspeed's customer both in this post and other posts and the differerence is in their customer service. I could buy the CAI/tune from anyone, but I will choose Brenspeed when I'm ready.
For you Mustangmaster, I feel that your issues will be resolved.
ws7139, respectfully said, I think your statement was not well thought out.
Good Luck to you all...Brenspeed, we'll be talkin'...
Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Two weeks ago I got the Granatelli CAI and got the SCT X3 from Brenspeed with the custom tune for 87, 91, 93 octane. I installed the CAI, swapped out the MAFs and loaded the 87 tune. Took it out on the road and whoa...what a difference. All OK, with the exception that the engine started pinging or knocking at 3K RPM. Since I did not know why... I went back to stock and called Brenspeed. We could not figure what was gloing on since for the Granatelli CAI, their custom tunes are set for the stock MAF. I figured that since I had about 1/2 tank of 87 octane....I told Dave that I would keep it stock until I could re-fill my tank with better quality gas then try the 87 tune again.

Well, two days ago I filled my tank with Chevron 89 octane (only choice around here are 87, 89, 92) and loaded the 87 tune....problem solved (thus far)....car woke up again and engine knocking or pinging is gone at 3K and even 4K RPM (during hard starts).

Me thinks it was cheap gas....that's my story. I think had nothing to do with the CAI, MAF or Tune...just cheap gas (from AAFES) for those of you in the Army/Air Force you know exactly what I mean...

Last edited by TPony; 04-17-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 AM
borla_s197

i just installed my brenspeed tune last night and it seems to make a little difference, though the throttle responce everyone is talking about it just seems to me like pushing the petal to half throttle and pushing it to the floor makes no difference, just seems as if they made it seem like your getting more low end by moving the full throttle position if that makes any since, though i didnt order a cai yet so maybee that will make a bigger difference
Old 04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by borla_s197
i just installed my brenspeed tune last night and it seems to make a little difference, though the throttle responce everyone is talking about it just seems to me like pushing the petal to half throttle and pushing it to the floor makes no difference, just seems as if they made it seem like your getting more low end by moving the full throttle position if that makes any since, though i didnt order a cai yet so maybee that will make a bigger difference
In what gear? 5th? Tell me there is no difference between half way and full in first or second. BWHAHAHA
Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I know what you mean.. half way down it feels close to being full throttle.. But i'm sure if you tried doing the 1/4 mile with the pedal 1/2 down vs full you'll see a big difference It is a lot more sensitive.. other people who have driven my car comment on how touchy the throttle.. there no power for the first 1/4" then suddenly bam you are going.. hello electronic throttle. Riptide said he hardly noticed any difference in his car with a CAI/Tune (I'm guessing because he didn't really drive it all out before he did it). I noticed a huge difference.. in my auto.. flooring it resulted in much harder/faster shifts and chirping 2nd and 3rd.. with my current mods im spinning out bad with the shift to 2nd.. time for wider tires..

Quick Reply: Brenspeed tune 2nd try