Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine dress up help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Default Engine dress up help

After taking in the Fabulous Fords Forever show this weekend and seeing all the nice engine bays I've realized my engine bay needs some work. My engine so far is stock so I will be starting from scratch. I want to incorporate a Black/Chrome theme to go along with my black car and chrome wheels. Just looking around I saw a MGW radiator cap, oil cap and dipstick handle that look nice. I also saw some nice Midwest Auto Gear items like a Black Plenum Cover, Black Fuel Rail Covers, Black Shock Tower Covers, Black Radiator Covers/Extensions and Black Fuse Box covers. While all these items are nice I'm having trouble figuring out what items I should make black and which to make chrome. I want to try and have a good blend of both. I'm also looking at the Polished Granatelli intake but most likely I will purchase a intake/tune from Bamachips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_2005-present.shtml and midwest auto gear.....try UPR too!

Ok I read the post..... All caps I have in chrome and get the strut bolt covers in chrome too! The radiator cver can be in black and many get some type of airbrushing done to the cover and the extensions.

The polished intake would work great too....anything goes really...esp since black and chrome are great match for each other

Last edited by mygt500; 04-21-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lakers1
After taking in the Fabulous Fords Forever show this weekend and seeing all the nice engine bays I've realized my engine bay needs some work. My engine so far is stock so I will be starting from scratch. I want to incorporate a Black/Chrome theme to go along with my black car and chrome wheels. Just looking around I saw a MGW radiator cap, oil cap and dipstick handle that look nice. I also saw some nice Midwest Auto Gear items like a Black Plenum Cover, Black Fuel Rail Covers, Black Shock Tower Covers, Black Radiator Covers/Extensions and Black Fuse Box covers. While all these items are nice I'm having trouble figuring out what items I should make black and which to make chrome. I want to try and have a good blend of both. I'm also looking at the Polished Granatelli intake but most likely I will purchase a intake/tune from Bamachips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hey there Lakers1, definately go with the Chrome / Polished look under the Hood. Black pieces can look alot like stock parts and way too drab looking (IMO).
I went EBaying last week and just received my 6 piece Billet Aluminum Engine Bay Dress-Up Caps from Blue Oval Industries that were just released by Scott Drake Enterprises. I really like the quality material and the way they look and fit. With my Black car, I personally stayed with the Chrome /Polished look under the hood, and these additional pieces should compliment my current Silver Engine Plenum, Polished Cold Air Intake , Chrome Strut Tower Brace and FFRP Chrome Cam Covers. You will like the look...!!!!

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 04-21-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 GT E UPP
Hey there Lakers1, definately go with the Chrome / Polished look under the Hood. Black pieces can look alot like stock parts and way too drab looking (IMO).
I went EBaying last week and just received my 6 piece Billet Aluminum Engine Bay Dress-Up Caps from Blue Oval Industries that were just released by Scott Drake Enterprises. I really like the quality material and the way they look and fit. With my Black car, I personally stayed with the Chrome /Polished look under the hood, and these additional pieces should compliment my current Silver Engine Plenum, Polished Cold Air Intake , Chrome Strut Tower Brace and FFRP Chrome Cam Covers. You will like the look...!!!!
The all chrome/polished look sounds good. Do you have any pics?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lakers1
The all chrome/polished look sounds good. Do you have any pics?
Sorry, no pics yet.....but, I'll let you know when i do...