Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Default I tried.....

Well, its Friday night and the hot rods were out and about. Mustang guys here, tubbed guys there, crotch rockets over there....

And I took the stang out for a date night....

and I gotta say..... "Im getting Old"

Just not feeling it! LOL

I love my stang and I dont think I would want to even think about doing something stupid on the street. Neverless with some punk kid, who has no value of a dollar. LOL

Wow, have things changed!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:33 AM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

Dblex,
I know what you mean...the street scene is extremely different today. I don't know your age but I can tell you I remember when the original 64 1/2 came out and I started driving when the Boss 351 came out.
You might try Sunday car shows...alot of the older crowd can be found there. Once you get to know them, you'll find out where they hang out (cruise nights, etc). That's what I do!...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 AM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

Can we get a geriatrics sub forum goin on here

But srsly I guess I fall into the young punk catagory, even tho I try to respect other cars, like I would never rev at a light or try to race a vet or prolly even a GT stang for that matter...oh and I holdopen doors for old women...cookie?
Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

im 18 and am constantly provoked to race, but i keep my head on straight and never do, its not worth it. real racers just take it to the track
Old 04-25-2009, 08:03 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with "not feeling it".

You work hard for your car...you take pride in it.

I personally, would like the opportunity to take mine down the track. Not to set any world records, lol, just to have fun and a good time doing it.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Talking

Times have changed and so have the laws that apply to street racing. Getting a felony for street racing or even a misdemeanor can ruin a fair rate with your insurance company.

I rather go to the track or even a cruize in and check out some nice cars. Times have changed and so has my hair to a fine shade of platinum(it could be anthracite).

Hah-hah..I got my first senior citizen discount at Khols the other day.

Last edited by Poco; 04-25-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:12 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Here in WI we have a pretty good street racing scene. Yes, it's illegal, but we keep it as safe as we can. We have a few industrial parks we frequent that are closed Saturday and Sunday, and that's where we do it. It's more about the BSing, checking out each others rides, and eating chicken wings from a local wing joint than getting crazy with the racing.

Car shows are really nice though to, you tend to see a lot of cars that are way to valueable to street race. You're not going to see a 70 AAR Cuda at the street races, lol.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:31 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

A slower, properly driven with respect Stang is better
looking than one that is speeding, cutting corners
and changing lanes within inches of others.
One admires the properly driven stang and cusses
the inmature driver of the stang that cuts you off
because he feels his ride is faster and better
(in crowded busy city driving) and deserves to
drive where and how they feel despite all the other
drivers out there.
But this carries over to the Hondas and Acuras as well.....

Last edited by 157dB; 04-25-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:41 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
Well, its Friday night and the hot rods were out and about. Mustang guys here, tubbed guys there, crotch rockets over there....

And I took the stang out for a date night....

and I gotta say..... "Im getting Old"

Just not feeling it! LOL

I love my stang and I dont think I would want to even think about doing something stupid on the street. Neverless with some punk kid, who has no value of a dollar. LOL

Wow, have things changed!
+1 Dblex I'm right there with ya.
There was a post here not too long ago where guys were talking about waving to one another when they see another stang on the street. Well whenever I see or another stang sees me they automaticlly feel the need to rev thier motor making themselves look stupid. There are a lot of shows and gatherings that happen in my area (sometimes on a weekly basis) but I tend not to go because I get tired of hearing guy's brag about nothing (usually about how few miles thay have on thier car - That just means they have no where to go Lol...) I was young once too, but I was smart enough to be respectful. I listened while keeping my mouth shut.
Alright gang bring it on cause I'm waiting for the response... I know someones feelings will get hurt here, but I make NO APOLOGIES.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:44 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Low and slow is the way to do it baby, I put too much $$$ in appearance mods for them NOT to be seen

Quick Reply: I tried.....