MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   steering vibration after header instal (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/534723-steering-vibration-after-header-instal.html)

Linde 04-30-2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by MadMike1337 (Post 6162846)
i feel mine is def steering cuz i feel a tapping when only making right turns. i noticed that it only taps the steering link when in gear making a right turn. when im not in gear when making a right turn there is no tapping. i thought that was odd when i figured that out today

I guess thats because your engine is not under load and therefore it is not moving much.
It was exactly like that on mine, in most senarious.

Try move the engine just a little to the passanger side. Its so easy, you could redo it back if you donīt get good results.

MadMike1337 04-30-2009 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by jahudso2 (Post 6160179)
My vibrations were never in the steering wheel, it just felt like it was coming from the front end and i assumed it was the steering shaft. I will let you know tomorrow if my rattling is gone. Mike, does the collector on the drivers side touch the side of the engine block where the header meets the midpipe?

i dont think my collectors touch the block. from looking in the engine i dont think so i may have to get under to get a better look. i have a pic of the collectors that i took that i can post but i dont know how to post pics. when u pushed the motor over did u have to lift it again and push or did u just loosen the nuts and push hard haha

MadMike1337 04-30-2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Linde (Post 6162948)
I guess thats because your engine is not under load and therefore it is not moving much.
It was exactly like that on mine, in most senarious.

Try move the engine just a little to the passanger side. Its so easy, you could redo it back if you donīt get good results.

im probably going to give it a shot this weekend since i have some time. did u have to lift and do it or did u just push hard after lossening the nuts

TPony 05-01-2009 01:50 AM

NIce vid...

Linde 05-01-2009 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by MadMike1337 (Post 6163530)
im probably going to give it a shot this weekend since i have some time. did u have to lift and do it or did u just push hard after lossening the nuts

No lifting, used an ironbar engine moved easy.

jahudso2 05-01-2009 04:27 AM

Yeah the only way I noticed it was laying underneath the car. On my drivers side, it looks like where the mating flange is for the h-pipe connection is touching the side of the block. I don't know whether that is causing some of my rattles or not. I guess I could take a picture and send it to JBA.

157dB 05-01-2009 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by cbrstng08 (Post 6158675)
NVH = Noise, Vibration, Heat

The motormounts will stiffen up the enging and keep it from rocking under throttle and also it will raise the engine a little as well, so they should solve your problem.

NVH
Noise
Vibration
HARSHNESS

MadMike1337 05-01-2009 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jahudso2 (Post 6164192)
Yeah the only way I noticed it was laying underneath the car. On my drivers side, it looks like where the mating flange is for the h-pipe connection is touching the side of the block. I don't know whether that is causing some of my rattles or not. I guess I could take a picture and send it to JBA.

here is a pic of the DS mine isnt touching block.

jahudso2 05-03-2009 05:56 PM

Ok well i took off my front wheels today and I found that the front swaybar endlink connection to the strut mount on the drivers side was very loose. I torqued this nut down and now I have no more knocking noises. I guess i never had any issues with the steering shaft after all...