Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the V6, what Should I Look For?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:19 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Selling the V6, what Should I Look For?

Hey guys,

Long time no see. If you don't remember, I'm looking at selling my V6 and getting into a GT.

It was either this or get a lot of apperance mods for my V6. I still want to do this, but I couldn't justify spending all the money to put parts on a car that I may not be happy with in a few years.

So, anyway, I'm selling my V6. I'm going to ask $12,500 (I know, high) but in my area my car is pretty well "revered." I guess that is a good word choice. I get compliments on how nice my car is and how well I keep it up. Regardless, I'll accept anything over $11,000.

But then, I need to worry about what I am looking for in my GT. I have strict guidelines for appearance but past that I'm lost. I know I want:

- Black
- Manual
- GT (Obviously)
- Black Leather Interior
- The nicer package (premium, isn't it)

So that narrows down my options severely. What can I look into GT wise (performance). I'm 17 so the money situation is tight. I have around $1,500 right now saved up and I'll be selling my car for (cross fingers) around $12,000. When I got it it was right at $14,000 and my parents bought it for me (I payed $200...). So, I have to pay the difference between what the monthly payments are now, on my V6, and what they will be on a GT. Insurance is covered as well.

What price range can I look into here. I'll be putting down as much as I need to to keep the monthly payment difference around $50-$75. This way, I'll be pulling in more than the monthly payment so that I can look into appearance mods.

Plans involve Cervinis C-Series Kit (slight modified, new hood, rims, etc.)

I'm just looking for some opinions on this one. Do I have any chance of being able to pull in a supercharged Stang here in do I just need to stick with a base GT?

I don't really know how the prices are going right now. I live in Hickory, NC, zip code 28601 if anyone needs to know, for area pricing reasons (yeah, please don't come shoot me or anything lol).

Also, if anyone wants a V6 Mustang, I have one for $12,000.

Thanks for all the help,

HT
Old 05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
sarcastik
1st Gear Member

I just bought a V6 2 months ago so I know that way high, but while I was looking for my car I saw people trying to get that much so I guess its worth a shot if you think you can. I paid $10200 for my car with 24,000 mi. and pretty much every option in the book, automatic, shaker1000, leather, etc. If yours is equally equipped with low milage then you could probably get the same, but I wasn't looking to pay more then 11 grand.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah. We are cross country though. Like I said, I would take $11,000 if it was offered. I think I can get more for it though. Like I said, people in my area know how well I take care of the car and I wouldn't be surprised if one of my friends bought it or made the connection that ended up buying it.

Thanks for the response, I do understand that my asking price is high but it has to be in order for me to have a chance at getting a GT...
Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I think you are going to have to lower your expectations for selling the car at the price you want. KBB lists it at $8500 in good condition to a private seller.
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...itions=#survey
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
mikes08gt

If your looking for a GT, I am thinking about selling mine, it is an 08 CS/GT, mileage is a little high, 42,000. It is a 5 speed pretty fully loaded, no mods on it, basically stock. Could use a little TLC, but I am only asking $16,000 firm.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikes08gt
If your looking for a GT, I am thinking about selling mine, it is an 08 CS/GT, mileage is a little high, 42,000. It is a 5 speed pretty fully loaded, no mods on it, basically stock. Could use a little TLC, but I am only asking $16,000 firm.
Highway miles I'm assuming.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
mikes08gt

Yes, all highway, I used to live on Long Island and work in Jersey. I am in the car alot.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:35 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, I'll keep that in mind mikes08GT. I wouldn't keep the appearance mods on it though so I don't know if I can justify paying for them and then trashing them. Does the CS/GT come with any performance mods or is the CS all appearance?...

But realistically, what can I do with my budget? The parentals payed for the V6 (first car) so now they have agreed to pay it off. So, I have $1,500 (possibly $2,000, haven't checked the account lately) and I want to keep monthly payment differences down around $50. I truly don't know what this leaves me with (never been involved with car payments before). So, do I have a realistic chance of getting a supercharged/turbocharged stang or should I just get a base GT and go from there?
Old 05-02-2009, 02:14 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

ht111, what's your monthly payment now? How much did you pay for the car you own now, and how much do you owe on it? I'm in the same situation, except for I'm trying to sell my cadillac cts to get a mustang gt. We need more info tho to really help you out
Old 05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'll go get that info for everyone. I didn't buy it so I'm not up on the info...

I do know we spent $13,900 on it. It's a 2005. Bought it 2 years ago. I'll find out how much we owe and how much the montly payment is.

How much we owe is really irrelevant in this situation though because my parents are going to continue to pay the original $13,900 so I'm going off of that amount, am I not?

IDK, I'll go talk to them in a couple minutes and get some info.

Quick Reply: Selling the V6, what Should I Look For?