MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   What to do? thread revised! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/535668-what-to-do-thread-revised.html)

SaddleUp 05-04-2009 12:18 AM

What to do? thread revised!

I have been thinking about changing my hood to the 2.5" cowl hood.....I keep seeing yours on here and I am tired of having "cowl envy".... :)

I have also considered changing my wheels......maybe something a little different?

And now is your time...convince me to go whipple or kb......time is closing in on making decisions....

Or just throw it all away and get a new camaro?

Sorry...women change their minds alot..... I need guidance!!!

Leos06gtLL 05-04-2009 03:50 AM

on which one of your cars and who's car are you referring to ?

CutterWolf 05-04-2009 07:43 AM

Ya girl, "Which car you talking about?" I'm going to guess your talking about the sunkster if so I think the type of hood would look great on it and after seening 06elnor's God Speed Omega's in Black chrome inperson I'd say get those!!

Mudflap 05-04-2009 09:51 AM

Can't go wrong with the cowl. :) I have a 3" though, and I wish it was a little shorter for improved visibility. I guess its a good thing I'm 6'4" lol. I had actually ordered a 2.5" but got sent the wrong one. I wasn't home during delivery and my girlfriend couldn't have known that, so she accepted the shipment because everything was undamaged. At that point, I didn't bother to try and go with the enormous hassle of sending it back and getting a new one, etc etc.

As far as the blower, between those two I would do the KB personally. That new Techco also looks pretty nice, but its $$$.

deekum1627 05-04-2009 12:03 PM

i think the white car shes talking about i wouldnt change anythign on that one just get the pink kenne bell you always wanted haha

zporta 05-04-2009 12:58 PM

i like the idea of the cowl... but i really like the rims on that car... i think they work really well... and i would say KB... thats what i would go w/ if i were 2 change my blower...

and i hope u were kidding about the camaro comment

siberian.mist 05-04-2009 01:05 PM

if its the white one the cowl would be cool and 20" dub big homie(5 spoke) in chrome, 20" foose hornets (in black), or 18" oz racing hydras(powdercoated black) if you want to go with a smaller, lighter rim.

smokestang 05-04-2009 01:19 PM

I say a steeda cowl hood! as far as FI...KB is nice, but it doesnt have that whine like a whipple!

onederful100 05-04-2009 01:21 PM

forget the hood, forget the rims.
go w/ the whipple first
your mustang looks great
but would look better going faster
nothing wrong w/ the KB
it's just that the whipple crew is cooler :cool:

Allstar 05-04-2009 04:45 PM

hahah i say get the MAMMOTH KB!!! lol

and uhmmm def change ur rims.. just make sure when u box urs up you put my address on there before u give it to UPS.. lol

SaddleUp 05-04-2009 11:54 PM

I am considering the Whipple non-intercooled....I want power, but conservative power as I am not looking to become the next NMRA champion at the dragstrip. I just want the car to have a little more "umph" to it. I also have to remember the car is an automatic, so it's not going to handle as much as a standard would.

The cowl hood will just be a little extra for me. :)

Thanks for all the insight into the changes I am contemplating.

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 12:02 AM

I want 06elnr's hood......eaglestroker's wheels......onderful100's sc.....

r3velation 05-05-2009 12:06 AM

if you've got the money to burn, put some more in the gt500 and just enjoy driving the skunk through town so people can ogle.

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by r3velation (Post 6174613)
if you've got the money to burn, put some more in the gt500 and just enjoy driving the skunk through town so people can ogle.

I have a little to play with...and I have decided to put a cai/tune, smaller pulley, lower springs on the 500....but that's about as far as I would go. Want to keep it relatively untouched if I can!!

I've been driving both cars a lot lately, and it is true. I get more looks and compliments on the white gt than the gt500... all it got me was a ticket! LOL! (well, actually a warning.....)
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...p06GT/Cop1.jpg

r3velation 05-05-2009 12:19 AM

have you thought about putting the kr mufflers on the 500? some really nice videos of them. i'm in love with that sound, just don't want to put them on until i have some more beef inside the can. don't want it to sound too hollowed out. that and i want SOME bite to the bark.

as far as styling goes, i don't know what to say to put on the skunk, i think it's drop dead gorgeous.

btw, LUCKY on the warning, when i got pulled over, the cop told me to get the eff out the car. i was doing 7 over speed limit. he was like what is your damn problem, then he was like roll up your windows, let me see if they're tinted, do you have a effing front license plate? i was like WOAH, slow your roll. don't gotta get so rash.

mygt500 05-05-2009 12:28 AM

S~ definitely get the cowl hood! Also go with the whipple non intercooled for the extra umph your describing and the GT500 will satisfy the craving for even more power!!!! Sounds like a plan that just needs to be put into motion.....go with your gut on this and keep it simple!

zporta 05-05-2009 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by SaddleUp (Post 6174621)
I have a little to play with...and I have decided to put a cai/tune, smaller pulley, lower springs on the 500....but that's about as far as I would go. Want to keep it relatively untouched if I can!!

I've been driving both cars a lot lately, and it is true. I get more looks and compliments on the white gt than the gt500... all it got me was a ticket! LOL! (well, actually a warning.....)
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...p06GT/Cop1.jpg

Its good 2 hear that you wanna wanna mod the 500, I just did the lethal stage 2 to my car and my god what a difference... Changing the pulley was a real bear tho... so i hope your ready for that... and the lowering springs were a must as this this was sitting up super high...

Originally Posted by r3velation (Post 6174635)
have you thought about putting the kr mufflers on the 500? some really nice videos of them. i'm in love with that sound, just don't want to put them on until i have some more beef inside the can. don't want it to sound too hollowed out. that and i want SOME bite to the bark.

as far as styling goes, i don't know what to say to put on the skunk, i think it's drop dead gorgeous.

btw, LUCKY on the warning, when i got pulled over, the cop told me to get the eff out the car. i was doing 7 over speed limit. he was like what is your damn problem, then he was like roll up your windows, let me see if they're tinted, do you have a effing front license plate? i was like WOAH, slow your roll. don't gotta get so rash.

a lot of ppl are starting 2 do the KR trend but most who do are also switching over to a H-pipe, the ones who stay w/ the x-pipe are kind disappointed in just the KR's alone. They say w/ the KR's and the H-pipe it is one of the best sounds for the GT500's

JasperGT 05-05-2009 07:16 AM

You know you want some of this cowl hood action! You already have the horsepower in the GT500, so spruce up the Skunkster.

Or get the whipple. You're good either way.

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 03:19 PM

Completely loving your hood.... :D

howarmat 05-05-2009 08:06 PM

I must say the skunkster is certainly one of the best looking mustangs i have ever seen. The cowl hood will compliment her very well :p

And the pink whipple will wow everyone when you pop the hood! I cant wait to she her when she is finished again! Good luck Shella!

pascal 05-05-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by howarmat (Post 6177043)
I must say the skunkster is certainly one of the best looking mustangs i have ever seen. The cowl hood will compliment her very well :p

And the pink whipple will wow everyone when you pop the hood! I cant wait to she her when she is finished again! Good luck Shella!

'sup Matt?

mygt500 05-05-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by pascal (Post 6177110)
'sup Matt?

Hey Matt.....whats up? I dont see you as often online anymore? you go to a different shift? Keep in touch bro....like seeing your car and presence online more often!

1morepart 05-05-2009 09:41 PM

imo, the cowl would look great on the skunk.....as far as FI, just drive your 500!

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 10:02 PM

I wish I could get a cowl hood photoshopped on the front of the car to give me an idea what it would look like....but I really think the cowl hood will look great striped!!
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...r/000_1038.jpg

awakeinAZ 05-05-2009 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by SaddleUp (Post 6174571)
I am considering the Whipple non-intercooled....I want power, but conservative power as I am not looking to become the next NMRA champion at the dragstrip. I just want the car to have a little more "umph" to it. I also have to remember the car is an automatic, so it's not going to handle as much as a standard would.

The cowl hood will just be a little extra for me. :)

Thanks for all the insight into the changes I am contemplating.

Why not just drive the Shelby? It would be different if you only had one car and wanted to go faster. You wont get near the money you pay for an a/m blower when it comes time to change cars.

How many miles on the Shelby now? 900?

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ (Post 6177733)
Why not just drive the Shelby? It would be different if you only had one car and wanted to go faster. You wont get near the money you pay for an a/m blower when it comes time to change cars.

How many miles on the Shelby now? 900?

Actually I have been driving the Shelby. It had 900 miles when I parked it last fall....I refuse to drive it in the rain/sleet/hail/snow. Our weather is just now perking up.

I know I wouldn't see my money back out of the blower. Nor much anything else I've poured into these cars... ;)

SaddleUp 05-05-2009 11:47 PM

And another reason??

The white car *is me*...and is my favorite.

degeze 05-06-2009 08:53 AM

The skunkster is more of your show car while the GT500 is the go car.
I suggest getting the cowl ;).

CutterWolf 05-06-2009 09:03 AM

Just to give you an idea here is a quick one I did for you.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/346/0001038.jpg

SaddleUp 05-06-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by degeze (Post 6178302)
The skunkster is more of your show car while the GT500 is the go car.
I suggest getting the cowl ;).

I would say this is very true degeze!

SaddleUp 05-06-2009 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by CutterWolf (Post 6178322)
Just to give you an idea here is a quick one I did for you.

Thank you Cutter.....that gives me a better idea at what I would be looking at!

Good job!!

CutterWolf 05-06-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by SaddleUp (Post 6178328)
Thank you Cutter.....that gives me a better idea at what I would be looking at!

Good job!!

Not a problem sweetheart ;) I think you should go for it!

MELLOWYELLOW06 05-06-2009 10:44 AM

S, here are some pix that might help you out. Its a nice look. Can I suggest the rims on my car custom painted to match your theme? Has a deep lip out back and clears even the 15" Saleen Extreme Brakes.

http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f...ng+burnout.jpg
http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f...front_view.jpg

SaddleUp 05-06-2009 10:50 AM

Mellow!

Thank you so much!!!!! That super helps me see what it would look like!!! That's perfect!!

I like your wheels too!

MELLOWYELLOW06 05-06-2009 10:56 AM

No worries. Just found it funny when I read this, since I came across these pix just last night.

Allstar 05-06-2009 12:59 PM

SADDDLEEE!!! fi your getting rid of your rims.. you might have abuyer already setup lol.. but i do love how they look on your car. and as fr as the hood.. get the COWL!!! looks amazing.

pascal 05-06-2009 05:01 PM

Those black chromes look perfect on that car, girl.
I'd leave that alone...

MELLOWYELLOW06 05-06-2009 05:48 PM

I gotta agree with Pascal on this one. They look at home on your car.

howarmat 05-06-2009 06:01 PM

I think many of us like the black chrome on her!....maybe we can talk her into keeping them. I have a roll of sweetarts with her name all over them :)

No matter what she does it will look great, she has a good eye when it comes to the mustangs. ;)

r3velation 05-09-2009 04:12 AM

cowl will be a nice touch. the pictures mellow put up are sick (as in good:))