Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@#%#@&#@$(#*()! SOB!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 02:09 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: @#%#@&#@$(#*()! SOB!!!!

It's your fault that you live in Canada. j/k

Get the stuff overnighted, and if need be, leave a day late on Vacation.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:40 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

I'm glad I dont live with your buddy!....I love my stang too, but asking for a bribe to keep the insuance company out of the deal is a little much. If you dont think he's good for the money to fix the car, then use his insurance. As for your stepdad, if he is a true fan of these cars, do you think he'll hate it just because some guy unintentionally hit your ride. Come on, its not your mother-in-law!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:39 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

this what happens to people who want to be the first kid on the block with an 05..[]
Old 06-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LimeStang05
I'm glad I dont live with your buddy!....I love my stang too, but asking for a bribe to keep the insuance company out of the deal is a little much. If you dont think he's good for the money to fix the car, then use his insurance. As for your stepdad, if he is a true fan of these cars, do you think he'll hate it just because some guy unintentionally hit your ride. Come on, its not your mother-in-law!
Problem is I can't drive the stang, it is driveable, but with a gaping hole right in front of the door, if it rained I'd get a interior full of water.

ORIGINAL: vfast

this what happens to people who want to be the first kid on the block with an 05..

Why take a dig at me? I'm not one of those idiot "kids" that wreck their car driving too hard for they're capabilities, it was parked for heavens sake.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and an update to anyone who cares,

Buddy didn't want to pay me cash (which is fine by me also, though in the long run it'd probably have been cheaper to pay me then to have his insurance get hiked for the next 5 years) he said the 1500 for the repair he would have paid, but not for my rental. It would have made no difference since even if I had the cash I would have already been on vacation by the time it was repaired. (And to those who wonder why I didn't postpone my vacation, it's because it's my first wedding anniversary)

Unfortunately the entire timing of the incident is horrible. The insurance company requires me to get a pre-estimate done by their own people, but due to flooding none of their people are available until July 4th, which is smack dab in the middle of my vacation. So I can't get it done until July 15th when I'm back in town. Also the insurance won't pay for a rental anything until work is being started on the car. So now I have to shell $$ out of my own pocket to go on holidays.

Yes asking that extra $500 may have seemed a little harsh to some of you, but let me make an analegy to those of you whole like motorbikes, more specifically cruisers . Lets say you have been planning to go to Stergis for 6 months, then a week before you go, some retard backs into your bike and you can't get it repaired in time. Wouldn't that have ruined your vacation? Yes you could still go and drive another vehicle, and have fun there, but the whole point was the trip itself right? Wouldn't you want a little compensation? (I make this analegy because it was the only one my friend could see my point from)
Old 06-24-2005, 05:15 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

Hey man, the first thing I said to you was that you have every right to be pissed off, the situation really sucks, I merely said that I would only try to go for the damages to the car, it is your friends roomie afterall.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tik_Tok
The insurance company requires me to get a pre-estimate done by their own people, but due to flooding none of their people are available until July 4th, which is smack dab in the middle of my vacation. So I can't get it done until July 15th when I'm back in town. Also the insurance won't pay for a rental anything until work is being started on the car. So now I have to shell $$ out of my own pocket to go on holidays.
Karma's a bitch
Old 06-24-2005, 10:02 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

Dude....Its your anniversary not an 05 Mustang show!...Go spend it with your wife. Wanna score some real "brownie points"? Let her know that she's more important (even if she isn't). I've been married 18 years myself, I know how this crap works....kinda.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LimeStang05

Dude....Its your anniversary not an 05 Mustang show!...Go spend it with your wife. Wanna score some real "brownie points"? Let her know that she's more important (even if she isn't). I've been married 18 years myself, I know how this crap works....kinda.

LOL, are you kidding, she's more pissed off than I am about the whole situation. The inlaws are lending us a car anyways, so we're not going to let this ruin our whole vacation. Just gotta put it behind us.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you're on the way to having a really lousy vacation. I suggest you vent here and get it off your chest, then go have a good time on your vacation Hey, you're lucky that the guy is actually going to pay for the repairs, the majority of accidents here in the US are caused by people who don't have insurance, don't have money and don't have a care in the world about your car (or theirs for that matter). If you take your car on your vacation, just park it to where the damage is always next to a bush or a wall or something

Quick Reply: @#%#@&#@$(#*()! SOB!!!!