Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Roush Conversion Plan

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Default My Roush Conversion Plan

As I've apologized for this before, I am a notorious multi-thread starter, so please mind it if I'm repetitive, but I now have a solid plan for my modification!

My stock.

Step one. Roush Body Kit and Roush "Legal" Exhaust system. (Stage 1 conversion)

Step two. White or Silver Roush Stripes.

Step three. K&N CAI and tuner.

Step Four. Rear Blackout.

Step Five. Complete R2300 RoushCharger.

Only after step five will I rebadge the Mustang as a true Roush. Until then, I will leave the stock badges on and label it as a GT with modifications. I think this is the path I'd like to go most, and I think the biggest issue with you all is that I would like to put a few cosmetic upgrades before I go all out with the roush charger, but personally I don't think the cosmetic upgrades will classify me as a poser or a ricer as long as I do not LABEL it as a Roush. Please give me your opinion, though, because it does matter to me!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Oh, quick addition, I will be replacing the K&N intake with the Roush intake once I purchase the supercharger...I think the tuner doesn't matter from roush to K&N but I could be wrong.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Hate to break it to you but you really can't be considered a "true" stage 3 roush unless you buy all 3 stages which are (in this order), body kit, handling and then performance. Why don't you just buy the stage 1 roush kit (the body kit) and then after you install that get the roushcharger. You will then atleast be able to say and have a stage 1 fake gas cap.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

thats a jlt air intake there friend :-)
Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

@ Trill: I know that, but the order in which I'm buying and installing the parts isn't necessarily the order the Roush stages is; I never said I was going to have a Stage 3, as looks and power are more important to me than handling. Not to say I won't add roush handling parts down the road, but this is what order I'm going to go in.

@Cal: I know, the picture's for illustrative purposes.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

By the time you buy all these parts and pay to install and paint them you could sell your car and buy a used Stage 3 and have the real deal. But hey if you want to build a Stage 3 that is cool. Would be a fun project.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

What's your time frame for this project? Do you have a budget in mind? It's an easy thing to talk about but like someone else said, you're looking at ALOT of money. I would have personally just bought the car I wanted the first time around. Good luck though. Keep us posted.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 PM
VistaBlue GT
2nd Gear Member

i'm on the same path. i have the roush wheels, bodykit (except for the back piece) roush door sill plates. I already put the roush badges and windshield banner on though, sc will come down the road
Old 06-17-2009, 04:42 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue GT
i'm on the same path. i have the roush wheels, bodykit (except for the back piece) roush door sill plates. I already put the roush badges and windshield banner on though, sc will come down the road
Sweet.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:50 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Have fun...lets us know how you do as you go along...

Quick Reply: My Roush Conversion Plan