Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Reapman

Originally Posted by AJ_68
They are supposed to program the new unit with your old ESN, sounds like they forgot to.
Ahh ok, well now that makes sense. Didn't know that was a programmable thing. Either way probably good to check.. still fail on their part to forget something like that tho..

For the 2011 thing if I had to guess i'd say no... isn't it only the earlier on 2010 Mustangs that had the issue? I imagine if Ford knows how to fix it, they put the fix into the new units like the later 2010s (if I'm not wrong on that).. but who knows... probably no way of knowing until reports start flooding in.

Just my 2 (canadian) cents.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:00 PM
mbyers

I have a 2011 V6 Pony, only had it a month. I was just in the garage and heard the FM bleed through :-(
I remembering reading this thread when I was researching a 2010 and figured I didn't have to worry about it. But when I heard it today I was disappointed. If I hadn't read this thread back tehn I probably wouldn't have know it was supposedly fixable.

I had it on a Sirrus station and turned the volume to no bars (one does it too). I could hear the FM station.
I also hear 'white noise'. I'm not sure if it the same 'hiss' others have mentioned, but it is only there when the radio is on; at about 3 bars the sounds over powers it.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 AM
kevinw22

Originally Posted by tomz
Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing here.

1. This noise does not get louder when you turn up the volume.
2. You can't hear this noise when normal music is playing with any volume over 2 bars. Just in quiet spots or between songs.

Thanks,
Tomz
I only hear the noise when I turn off the engine, and have the radio still on. Even if I am listening to a CD, in between songs I hear what sounds like a radio station along with some hissing....

I won't be taking mine in to the dealer until the end of fall, before I put it up for the winter, and will have them do the first oil change etc. They recommend oil change every 8,400 miles but I'll have about 5,000 on it by then so I will have them check out the radio issue and point them to this thread if I have to....
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
tomz

Originally Posted by mbyers
I have a 2011 V6 Pony, only had it a month. I was just in the garage and heard the FM bleed through :-(
I remembering reading this thread when I was researching a 2010 and figured I didn't have to worry about it. But when I heard it today I was disappointed. If I hadn't read this thread back tehn I probably wouldn't have know it was supposedly fixable.

I had it on a Sirrus station and turned the volume to no bars (one does it too). I could hear the FM station.
I also hear 'white noise'. I'm not sure if it the same 'hiss' others have mentioned, but it is only there when the radio is on; at about 3 bars the sounds over powers it.
mbyers - Sorry to hear that Ford has not fixed this yet. Would you mind posting your radio code so we can see if that has changed?

Process for the non nav Shaker 500 identification code:
>Radio on and put the radio on an AM or FM channel.
>Press 3 and 6 simultaneously.
>Before it stops testing the speakers press 6.
>Then press the UP button and you see the reference code.

I have: AR3T - 19C 158 - AL

Thanks,
Tomz
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 AM
mbyers

I'll try to get that tonight
Old 07-29-2010, 06:02 AM
mbyers

Code is: BR3T-19C 157-AB

After getting the code I tried to feedback test. My plan was to see if it went away with the car running, as I read in another post. The odd thing was, I could not hear the FM feedback. It still heard the white-noise, but no feedback. I didn't have time to investigate further, but I will and report back.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
kevinw22

2010 Premium GT
Assembled June 2009

The Code I have: AR3T - 19C 158 - AL
Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
tomz

Originally Posted by Reapman

Sorry it took awhile to get uploaded.. I only copied this bit in as I'd have to black out most of the rest and ran outa time. Nothing else was specific to the work that was done anyways.

Anything else that may be of help let me know.. good luck to the others looking at getting this work done!
Reapman,

Yes PLEASE post your radio reference code now that your ACM has been replaced. Only takes 30 seconds, pen and paper.

Process for the non nav Shaker 500 identification code:
>Radio on and put the radio on an AM or FM channel.
>Press 3 and 6 simultaneously.
>Before it stops testing the speakers press 6.
>Then press the UP button and you see the reference code.

Please let us know what you have now. I have: AR3T - 19C 158 - AL

Thanks,
Tomz
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I think the letter code on the front of the ACM is more useful, but it's not as easy to get.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:04 PM
manashttu

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but my 2011 GT 6MT with Shaker 500 has the background radio bleed issue. Just purchased it last Saturday, noticed the noise last night messing with my iPod with car off, and found this thread.

A bit discouraging that 2011's are leaving the factory with this problem that dates back several years.

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise