Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the camera be added?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
maddog69

Default Can the camera be added?

I have a 2010 Grabber blue GT with Nav and I didn't order the Rear Camera thinking I was going to change out the wing, now I think I may have made a mistake :-( Does anyone know if the parts can be ordered and simply plugged in?

Thanks,
Jake

Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Hey Maddog cant help you with your camera question, but thanks for putting the pictures of you car up. I have the same car minus the nav. I am contemplating putting black on mine, I did not know how it would look with those wheels. I think on the hood I'm going to follow those outer contour lines up to the bend at the front of the hood.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I contemplated buying a car the dealer had on the lot already that did not have the camera. To add it was gonna cost me almost $1100 for the parts and installation.

I love the look of the camera spoiler as it is much wider than the standard, however, if your considering either a Roush or GT500 rear spoiler...neither are compatible with the camera option...
Old 07-30-2009, 05:04 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
...however, if your considering either a Roush or GT500 rear spoiler...neither are compatible with the camera option...
Unless.......................................... you're a mad modder!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by pascal
Unless.......................................... you're a mad modder!
Tru dat Pascal...and you are the "Mad Modder"
Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

I have the camera with the nav and just love it. Noticed this morning when backing into my space at work that you can see the rain drops on the lens. Looks weird.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Badbee

Default Wireless rear cameras

Go to u tube and type in wireless rear car cameras and you will see several that include installation instructions. I don't know how good the video quality will be but it sure make the install easy.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

if you have SYNC, you run into the issue of replacing the rear view mirror and not having the needed microphone hardware when you use an add on kit. Unless you could find a way to run the aftermarket camera feed into an OEM camera/SYNC microphone mirror, I think you would be stuck.

But i just remembered you have nav...hmmm, Is there a feed in the rear of the Nav that is a common connection (non-proprietary)? If its common, you could feed an aftermarket unit into the head unit, not sure about reverse activation and switching to that view..maybe the dealer has capability to enable that.

Last edited by Xcelsius; 07-31-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-31-2009, 05:05 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Went to the dealer this morning for getting my steering wheel plastic replaced where it was scratched and and asked the parts guy about the rear camera. If you wanted it like factory OEM..you would need the camera, wiring harness and camera rear-spoiler. parts alone are almost $780 plus installation....
Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Went to the dealer this morning for getting my steering wheel plastic replaced where it was scratched and and asked the parts guy about the rear camera. If you wanted it like factory OEM..you would need the camera, wiring harness and camera rear-spoiler. parts alone are almost $780 plus installation....
Holy smokes mine was only 240.00 from the factory. Thats what the window sticker says.

Quick Reply: Can the camera be added?