Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Default Car Covers

Hey I'd like to know what some of you guys recommend for car covers. It would probably be for my 08 GT which should also fit the 09 Shelby as well. I'd like to know what brands some of you recommend and where to buy from.

Thanks in advance,
yc420
Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories

-There isn't a nicer car cover on the market.
- Made from NOAH® material - best on the market
- Brand New Genuine Ford.
- Made for GT or V6 cars with Rear Spoiler
- Has pony logo imprinted on front and the word "MUSTANG" imprinted on the back with a clear plastic panel so the license plate can be seeing. Has whole for the antenna.
Constructed of multi-layer, non-woven, breathable material, NOAH® covers resist rain, snow, acid rain and bird droppings, and protect your vehicle’s finish from UV rays and door dings. Double-stitched overlapped seams; elastic sewn into the front and rear hems help hold cover in place. Non-scratch grommets can be used with a tie-down rope (included) or a cable and lock (not included). Some applications also available with WeatherShield™ fabric that features the Nextec® encapsulation process for excellent protection and compact storage. License plate view window in rear.

The only car cover I will ever use on my car...........And yes, it will fit your GT500 too.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Will it be for outdoor or indoor use? If indoor, I wouldn't spend a lot of money and simply get a universal that's light weight and dust resistant. For outdoor protection, I wouldn't skimp. That one in the ebay link is decent.

I bought a Covercraft from AM for indoor use for about $65. It was overkill as I saw a universal locally for about $35 that would have worked but I'm happy with it. For full outdoor protection you should find one that has provisions for the antenna or be prepared to remove the antenna all the time.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:21 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply guys. I will definitely look into this. Now, just out of curiosity, how does this car cover compare to the Shelby car cover from Ford?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

When I looked for a car cover my initial needs were that it wouldn't shed and it would hold up to our good ol Florida sun. I started out with the Evolution which was similar to Noah but one grade down. I found it heavy and it got much heavier when wet. You have to clean it in a commercial washer at your local laundromat. Takes about $8 - $10 in change to clean it. After about 9 months I was getting a fine powder all over my car which looked like heck on my black cloth top. I contacted the manufacturer and sent it back, their analysis was that it was sun rotting. I found this answer alarming since it was advertised as an exterior cover. They offered to send me a new one but when I asked if it would also sun rot the answer was yes, you live in Florida. Since the Noah is a non woven cover similar to the Evolution just thicker I didn't even want to mess with it for fear of the same results. They suggested Weathershield HP so I upgraded to that fabric and have had no complaints over the last two years.

The Weathershield HP fabric is very smooth and very light which can make for interesting deployment in a breeze. It offers good water penetration protection where after one of our local frog stranglers I can remove the cover and my cloth top is still dry enough to put down. Another good feature is that it can be cleaned in a residential washing machine. I have also not seen any areas where the fabric is harming the paint.

P. S. Might I suggest that for whatever cover you decide, get yourself a small piece of craft leather or some scrap sunbrella from a boat topping shop. 2"s square is more than enough. Stitch it over where you plan on putting the antenna grommet and cut your hole. The grommets eventually pull free of the fabric alone and the patch will give sufficient thickness for the grommet to stay in place.

Just my $.02

Last edited by Centurion96; 07-30-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yc420
Thanks for the reply guys. I will definitely look into this. Now, just out of curiosity, how does this car cover compare to the Shelby car cover from Ford?
The one I posted you is the Ford one The one you can get with your GT500 from Ford is the same as this one but it has a Cobra on the front and has Shelby acrossed the back and comes with a storage bag.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
When I looked for a car cover my initial needs were that it wouldn't shed and it would hold up to our good ol Florida sun. I started out with the Evolution which was similar to Noah but one grade down. I found it heavy and it got much heavier when wet. You have to clean it in a commercial washer at your local laundromat. Takes about $8 - $10 in change to clean it. After about 9 months I was getting a fine powder all over my car which looked like heck on my black cloth top. I contacted the manufacturer and sent it back, their analysis was that it was sun rotting. I found this answer alarming since it was advertised as an exterior cover. They offered to send me a new one but when I asked if it would also sun rot the answer was yes, you live in Florida. Since the Noah is a non woven cover similar to the Evolution just thicker I didn't even want to mess with it for fear of the same results. They suggested Weathershield HP so I upgraded to that fabric and have had no complaints over the last two years.

The Weathershield HP fabric is very smooth and very light which can make for interesting deployment in a breeze. It offers good water penetration protection where after one of our local frog stranglers I can remove the cover and my cloth top is still dry enough to put down. Another good feature is that it can be cleaned in a residential washing machine. I have also not seen any areas where the fabric is harming the paint.

P. S. Might I suggest that for whatever cover you decide, get yourself a small piece of craft leather or some scrap sunbrella from a boat topping shop. 2"s square is more than enough. Stitch it over where you plan on putting the antenna grommet and cut your hole. The grommets eventually pull free of the fabric alone and the patch will give sufficient thickness for the grommet to stay in place.

Just my $.02
Interesting. I will definitely keep this in mind. Where did you purchase from? I've heard the name Weathershield HP surface several times while doing light research on car covers. Seems like a good brand to me.

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
The one I posted you is the Ford one The one you can get with your GT500 from Ford is the same as this one but it has a Cobra on the front and has Shelby acrossed the back and comes with a storage bag.
Oh alright. Amazing how much more you pay just to have it say SHELBY etc. etc.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM
MacGT

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ers-p-379.html
I bought the Stormproof for mine and it has worked great. It is an outdoor cover but what works outside will work inside.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bought the Evolution 4 through Autoanthing.com for $119.00. Right now my garage is full so the Pony has to sit outside until my other garage is built. I love it! Helps cut down on fading, no water spots and keeps bird doo off as well as other debris. I painted my own Mustang logo using fabric paint. I opted not to cut a hole for my antenna because I didn't want any chance of water dripping down on my car. I take the antenna off and stick it in the truck.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

How do these compare to California Car Covers?

Quick Reply: Car Covers