Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Nav System DVD Player!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

Default 2010 Nav System DVD Player!!

Does anyone know how I can make the 2010 Nav unit play DVD Movies while driving (Yes I know it is against the law as the driver can see it). I have a 2 year old son and that would be a very useful addition. Must be some wire or something I can energize or bypass to play DVD's while the car is moving...currently it plays the movie while the Mustang is stopped but shuts down the video as soon as I start moving, however the sound still continues playing.

Anyone have the mod/addition that will allow it to play video while moving.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

Anyone know of a Mod to do the above??? Anyone??
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

U can ask FordEngineer but I am not sure you will like his answer since this is fully integrated into the CANBus system. Not like the AVIC-D3 where ya just move a wire in a connector.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

I have a feeling it is a pretty simple mod as the sound still plays on the DVD when driving but no picture. I just want the picture to play too... Hopefully he will see this and contact me..have a feeling since it is against the law he probably won't want to tell me..LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Im not so sure it will be simple. Some systems look for GPS movement nowadays instead of just being able to be spoofed by a speed sensor or parking brake switch.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:26 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

You can try taking it to the car audio install guys at Best Buy and see if they'll do it or tell you how. I know when I used to work at Circuit City all the install guys had their dvd players set up so it played while they drove.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Bails
You can try taking it to the car audio install guys at Best Buy and see if they'll do it or tell you how. I know when I used to work at Circuit City all the install guys had their dvd players set up so it played while they drove.
I assume those were after-market systems though. My AVIC-D3 was and I managed to bypass it but I am not sure this is such an easy task on the factory Nav
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

On the system in my Wrangler, you can install aftermarket sofware called "Lock Pick" that will allow you to do this.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM
dejohnson

I am not sure if this available yet but it will be available pretty soon. Here you go but it is expensive though. http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM
icody
1st Gear Member

Thanks hat is exactly what I was looking for!! At 239 dollars its not cheap but neither is a cat back exhaust, or new rims or a light bar or Shaker Scoop. What I am getting at is it is an important mod for me as I have a 2 year old and to be able to have cartoons playing while I am on the road taking him to day care and such is a life saver. Helps to keep him ocupied on a long trip (Cruise and such). So worth every bit...LOL Sweet..this Fourm is great..Thanks for the info dejohnson!

Quick Reply: 2010 Nav System DVD Player!!