Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Texans

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

Default Hey Texans

Anyone ever used Fastlane in Houston???Comments???Do they finance like Brenspeed? Looking to have a whipple installed/tuned...
Old 08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
Anyone ever used Fastlane in Houston???Comments???Do they finance like Brenspeed? Looking to have a whipple installed/tuned...
I used Fastlane for my gears. They did a good job (no whine). I priced them for cams and headers. They where on the high side. I installed the headers myself.

Not sure they offer financing. Call them.

They are working on a lot of Mustangs so they do inspire a certain level of confidence.

I am fairly happy with the quality of work although minor miss ups..

They forgot to put one of my lock nuts on one of the wheels.
I had a small seal leak from the pumpkin that they corrected on the spot.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

I have heard really good things about them on another forum. I was in there early this week and pick up a SCT tuner and Brisk plugs. Mustangs every where around there shop. Anthony, the guy that helped me, seemed very knowledgeable about the Mustangs. Once I install the Saleen SC I plan on going back there to get it dyno'd. Will probably have them do gears later on.

Give them a call or send them an e-mail anbout the finacing like the previous post said. They responded fairly quickly when I sent them an e-mail a few months back inquiring about cost of install gears, CAI and tuner.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by geocomp
I have heard really good things about them on another forum. I was in there early this week and pick up a SCT tuner and Brisk plugs. Mustangs every where around there shop. Anthony, the guy that helped me, seemed very knowledgeable about the Mustangs. Once I install the Saleen SC I plan on going back there to get it dyno'd. Will probably have them do gears later on.

Give them a call or send them an e-mail anbout the finacing like the previous post said. They responded fairly quickly when I sent them an e-mail a few months back inquiring about cost of install gears, CAI and tuner.
I just ordered my Salen stage 3. I am planning to install myself. Whats your plan?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:06 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

I used Fastlane because of their customer service. None of the other shops call you back, ever. Fastlane has a human answer the phone every time, and they call/email you back maybe half of the time, which is better than nothing. Work quality is good, but it better be for $105/hour. I trusted these guys enough to have them build my forged short block, and they'll be installing it too one of these days.

One of the owners, Nick, is a great guy. And Anthony is cool too. Anthony, if you're reading this, reply to my goddamn emails.

Last edited by bigray327; 08-07-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:48 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
I used Fastlane because of their customer service. None of the other shops call you back, ever. Fastlane has a human answer the phone every time, and they call/email you back maybe half of the time, which is better than nothing. Work quality is good, but it better be for $105/hour. I trusted these guys enough to have them build my forged short block, and they'll be installing it too one of these days.

One of the owners, Nick, is a great guy. And Anthony is cool too. Anthony, if you're reading this, reply to my goddamn emails.
+1 on Nick. Anthony is psychology major. He scares me when he talks money... lol
Old 08-08-2009, 12:06 AM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman
He scares me when he talks money... lol
He scares me when he talks money, too. Like, "holy ****, I'm having a heart attack."
Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Default Fastlane

Quality work, but you definately pay for it. I'd say that's better than getting a deal on crappy work.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman
I just ordered my Salen stage 3. I am planning to install myself. Whats your plan?
I plan on installing myself as well. I figure it is going to take a full weekend and probably the better part of a week of working on it late at night (I have three little girls and a wife that I have to make happy first before I get to do things for myself).

I was hoping to get started in the next week or two. I am excited as hell to get started. Everytime I walk into the garage I want to start tearing apart the mustang so I can install it. But then I remind myself of other things that need to be done so I hang my head and work on other projects first. The Saleen has been sitting in my garage since July 4th tauting me.

I have also purchased a Steeda CAI along with the Haney Motorsports Oil Vapor Separator Catch Can that I will install at the same time.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

What'd you pay for a gear install at Fastlane? I'm in Houston so I'm looking for a good installer for gears.

Quick Reply: Hey Texans