Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to purchase a Paxton Novi 2200

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Default About to purchase a Paxton Novi 2200

However the 800 mile drive to Brenspeed is a little unrealistic for me So my question is what is the going rate for install on this supercharger?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CalmLikeaBomb
However the 800 mile drive to Brenspeed is a little unrealistic for me So my question is what is the going rate for install on this supercharger?
Anywhere from $800 to $1100. Just depends on the shop and if you add in a dyno tune or not.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

do it yourself!...should come with step by step instructions
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good guys, I would attempt to do it myself but honestly would rather have a shop touch a 5 grand kit lol

Ive been reading a lot about blowing the motors with 450+ whp, would it be easy to make 420 out of this kit with a custom tune? I just want boost and have the car stay reliable. I would rarely get into boost on a daily drive, just usually on a weekend.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Sounds good guys, I would attempt to do it myself but honestly would rather have a shop touch a 5 grand kit lol

Ive been reading a lot about blowing the motors with 450+ whp, would it be easy to make 420 out of this kit with a custom tune? I just want boost and have the car stay reliable. I would rarely get into boost on a daily drive, just usually on a weekend.
The kit that Brenspeed sells will net you 460 to 480 rwhp so if you are looking for 420 you can always tune it down.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Well i was going to order from Brenspeed but they said the blower ships from somewhere else and it takes up to 5 business days. Their site says ships the next day. So I dont know what to think. I dont want to shoot over 5 grand on a backordered part
Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

5 Days really isn't too bad...
Old 08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Well i was going to order from Brenspeed but they said the blower ships from somewhere else and it takes up to 5 business days. Their site says ships the next day. So I dont know what to think. I dont want to shoot over 5 grand on a backordered part
This is how it works. You place your order with Brenspeed and they ships out their part of the kit. Brenspeed places the order with Paxton who then ships the supercharger and I.C. if it's part of the kit your ordered to you. They are located in CA so your shipping times vary along with "if" they have all the parts needed for the kit in stock.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

well brenspeed has nothing but good reviews from what ive heard in these forums so i would say to still give them your business...have you called up there and asked about the status of their charger? or going by what you see on the internet? call up there and see what they can workout for you, they may offer you a small small deal or somthing for the advertisement mishap? ? when i ordered the boomtubes they were on backorder so they worked me a sweet deal on some SLPs which i was also highly considering anyways..just sayin, wouldnt hurt to try..

And as far as the installation, i know its 5K+ and you may be afraid to do it yourself but just get pops or a friend to come help you..its a good weekend project and it will save you upwards of a grand to pay someone else to do it a day faster..but there again, def your choice..i know they feeling though of paying that much for something and not wanting to screw anything up..good luck with everything
Old 08-20-2009, 02:03 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

there's some good people here in Georgia that can do what you're wanting...let me know if you want names & numbers

Quick Reply: About to purchase a Paxton Novi 2200