Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler Shave!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Default Spoiler Shave!

Long story short, when I pulled of my spoiler I ended up with something pretty nasty looking. I'm candidate A for don't just yank it off. There were contributing factors from a body shop a while back but what's done is done, I have a CDC duck tail to go on but I'm going to rock it like this for a while :metal:

Snapped some quick pictures and played with them a bit, let me know what you think!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

That black and white picture looks amazing, love the no spoiler look with the CDC black out panel!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Dantheman

Very kewl. Did you have the holes filled? I am thinking of running around w/o a spoiler for a while. I don't want to fill the holes though. I am going to experiment with some bolts that are painted the same color as the car.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:03 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slvrstang2007
That black and white picture looks amazing, love the no spoiler look with the CDC black out panel!
Thanks man, the 2nd one is my personal favorite. Smoked tails are next, I'm going to leave the reverse lights as they are so it will look a lot similar to that!

Originally Posted by Dantheman
Very kewl. Did you have the holes filled? I am thinking of running around w/o a spoiler for a while. I don't want to fill the holes though. I am going to experiment with some bolts that are painted the same color as the car.
Friend and I welded them up and he repainted the whole lid inside and out. Try the plastic plugs with some touch up paint, I would of gone that route first if I hadn't of had some paint chips, but I'm to **** for how it looked!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It looks good regardless...
I'm still partial to the duck tail, it has the optical effect to shrink the fatness of that rear bumper.

Car looks pretty good.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
It looks good regardless...
I'm still partial to the duck tail, it has the optical effect to shrink the fatness of that rear bumper.

Car looks pretty good.
The paints fresh, not sure if the 3m would mess with it or not but I figured I'd let it sit a few days. I'll take some small pieces of 3m next week and temporarily mount it and see what I think. I'm really digging the way it looks, maybe a GT/CS rear bumper next!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Mike02z
1st Gear Member

Looks nice.

Personally I'd rather get rid of the fake scoop on mine. I was planning to go with the Saleen Shaker package before Brenspeed told me that it wouldn't work with my hood due to the holes the fake scoop would leave.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I personally like the scoop, but I used to say that about the spoiler as well.....
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
The paints fresh, not sure if the 3m would mess with it or not but I figured I'd let it sit a few days. I'll take some small pieces of 3m next week and temporarily mount it and see what I think. I'm really digging the way it looks, maybe a GT/CS rear bumper next!
Yeah good call.
Let the solvents escape the paint for a while.
And, CS bumper FTW!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

love it.....as some know, i found a black bullitt and traded decklids with him. spoilerless,IMO, looks best...I also traded hoods, because I don't like the fake scoop.
congrats and great pics
j

Quick Reply: Spoiler Shave!