Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is getting to be ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
ttiguy

Default This is getting to be ridiculous

It's only been 3 weeks and I'm going nuts from anticipation for my new 'stang. I spent 4 months debating whether or not to spend the money needed to get the one I really wanted now as a result it wont be here till summer is over. I ordered it August 3 and there is not a build date for it yet. I'm not sure if this is normal or behind schedule.

What I ordered was:

GT premium 5 speed
Brilliant Silver
premier interior
charcoal black w/grabber blue accents
19" machined alum rims
nav/electronics package
glass roof
3.73 rear axle

wanted the hids too but not for 1g since you need the sec pkg that I otherwise wouldn't want.......oh well you cant have it all

I have 2 questions though.

1. does anyone know if there is a hold/delay for any of these options

2. anyone have 1 similar to this and could post pics, specifically the silver w/machined alum rims and glass roof. I have not seen any yet and it only exists in my mind so far. I've looked all over.

3 weeks down, 3-5 to go.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Given current demand (don't forget dealers re-ordering stock), that is normal. I know it sucks. I waited 4 months for mine as a Job1 build (ordered in Jan, received early April).
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Marquise23
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttiguy
It's only been 3 weeks and I'm going nuts from anticipation for my new 'stang. I spent 4 months debating whether or not to spend the money needed to get the one I really wanted now as a result it wont be here till summer is over. I ordered it August 3 and there is not a build date for it yet. I'm not sure if this is normal or behind schedule.

What I ordered was:

GT premium 5 speed
Brilliant Silver
premier interior
charcoal black w/grabber blue accents
19" machined alum rims
nav/electronics package
glass roof
3.73 rear axle

wanted the hids too but not for 1g since you need the sec pkg that I otherwise wouldn't want.......oh well you cant have it all

I have 2 questions though.

1. does anyone know if there is a hold/delay for any of these options

2. anyone have 1 similar to this and could post pics, specifically the silver w/machined alum rims and glass roof. I have not seen any yet and it only exists in my mind so far. I've looked all over.

3 weeks down, 3-5 to go.
LOL! Patience is a virtue!

I ordered my Kona Blue GT June 5th and am still waiting!
-Kona Blue GT Premium (Manual)
-3.73 Package
-Accessory Package 4 (Hood Scoop & Pedestal Spoiler)
-HID Headlamps
-Over the top Stripe
-Shaker 1000

This was the reason for my delay:
"They are ensuring that the hood scoop matches the paint of the car correctly".

I tell my dealership..take your time, no rush...

Now, it's almost September!!!!!

And now, I'm dying to see how it will turn out...

LABOR DAY WEEKEND! HELLZ YEAH!!!!! PICS COMING SOON BOYZ!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

I was under the impression that you couldnt get the glass roof with 3.73s?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
ttiguy

Originally Posted by FordEngineer
Given current demand (don't forget dealers re-ordering stock), that is normal. I know it sucks. I waited 4 months for mine as a Job1 build (ordered in Jan, received early April).
I saw some of your other posts so I wanted to let you know; I have the new navi system in an escape ltd (painfully boring vehicle) that I am driving around right now and it is very impressive, congrats. My '08 edge had navi and I was a bit let down by it. The best part for me is simply the added "return" or "up one level" function now when going through the media library. It was frustating without that before. The 3d mapping is great also and the weather in the horizon is a cute touch, LOL.

Sirius travel link is genius. Do you need an active sirius sat account for all the navi features to continue to work (gas prices, radar, forcast, etc)? Are there any significant differences with the escape navi sys and the mustang one other than the brick style unit in the escape?

Originally Posted by Marquise23
LOL! Patience is a virtue!

I ordered my Kona Blue GT June 5th and am still waiting!
-Kona Blue GT Premium (Manual)
-3.73 Package
-Accessory Package 4 (Hood Scoop & Pedestal Spoiler)
-HID Headlamps
-Over the top Stripe
-Shaker 1000

This was the reason for my delay:
"They are ensuring that the hood scoop matches the paint of the car correctly".

I tell my dealership..take your time, no rush...

Now, it's almost September!!!!!

And now, I'm dying to see how it will turn out...

LABOR DAY WEEKEND! HELLZ YEAH!!!!! PICS COMING SOON BOYZ!!!
patience is def not a virtue of mine. BTW, the kona blue is awsome. It's one of the colors I liked most but I won't wash it often enough (daily driver) to keep it looking good and shiny. Silver is a good lazy mans color I've found.

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
Yup you can. At least my order went in that way.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttiguy
I saw some of your other posts so I wanted to let you know; I have the new navi system in an escape ltd (painfully boring vehicle) that I am driving around right now and it is very impressive, congrats. My '08 edge had navi and I was a bit let down by it. The best part for me is simply the added "return" or "up one level" function now when going through the media library. It was frustating without that before. The 3d mapping is great also and the weather in the horizon is a cute touch, LOL.

Sirius travel link is genius. Do you need an active sirius sat account for all the navi features to continue to work (gas prices, radar, forcast, etc)? Are there any significant differences with the escape navi sys and the mustang one other than the brick style unit in the escape?
Thanks for the compliment. Next-Gen Navigation (or NR2/Nav Radio 2 as we call it) was a big step up from our first pass at in-vehicle navigation (what you had in your '08, or the '8-bit video game interface' as I called it. Super Mario Bros would not look out of place on it). Anyhoo, yeah--a lot of work went into the NR2, and I'm glad you (and others) are liking it. Wait 'till you see what we have up our sleeve, coming in the 2011 model year on the new Edge .

As for Travel Link, you DO need a Sirius account to maintain it after the 6 month trial runs out, but the good side is that it's $6-ish per month, if I remember correctly. It used to be that you HAD to have a Sat radio subscription to get Travel Link, but I think Sirius is offering a-la-carte options now, where you can get JUST Travel Link, and not Radio. But don't quote me.

The only differences between the Escape and Mustang Nav is screen size (6-in in Escape, 8-in in Mustang) and the location of the buttons (around the periphery on the Escape, along the CD slot below the screen on the Mustang). As you noticed as well, the Escape makes use of a 'brick' module for the screen, ACM, and control surfaces, whereas they're all disassociated in the Mustang (screen separate from button panel, separate from ACM, Hard Drive, and CD player). It allows for a more customized center stack (different switch/button panels, layouts, etc) for each vehicle, which makes the design studio happy. Before that, every vehicle in the Ford lineup had one of 2 or 3 different types of radios (with the most common being the Type 2, which is what '05-'09 Mustangs without Nav had).

I'm really excited for what's coming up. I'm not allowed to talk about it, but when you see it, as well as what it can do, I think you'll agree.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

I don't know exactaly what the build cycle is for the Mustang but mine got its VIN in June and was givin a build slot in July. Its built know (i'm not home to drive it yet) but they had production irolling n late july/early aug at least.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:32 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordEngineer
Thanks for the compliment. Next-Gen Navigation (or NR2/Nav Radio 2 as we call it) was a big step up from our first pass at in-vehicle navigation (what you had in your '08, or the '8-bit video game interface' as I called it. Super Mario Bros would not look out of place on it). Anyhoo, yeah--a lot of work went into the NR2, and I'm glad you (and others) are liking it. Wait 'till you see what we have up our sleeve, coming in the 2011 model year on the new Edge .

As for Travel Link, you DO need a Sirius account to maintain it after the 6 month trial runs out, but the good side is that it's $6-ish per month, if I remember correctly. It used to be that you HAD to have a Sat radio subscription to get Travel Link, but I think Sirius is offering a-la-carte options now, where you can get JUST Travel Link, and not Radio. But don't quote me.

The only differences between the Escape and Mustang Nav is screen size (6-in in Escape, 8-in in Mustang) and the location of the buttons (around the periphery on the Escape, along the CD slot below the screen on the Mustang). As you noticed as well, the Escape makes use of a 'brick' module for the screen, ACM, and control surfaces, whereas they're all disassociated in the Mustang (screen separate from button panel, separate from ACM, Hard Drive, and CD player). It allows for a more customized center stack (different switch/button panels, layouts, etc) for each vehicle, which makes the design studio happy. Before that, every vehicle in the Ford lineup had one of 2 or 3 different types of radios (with the most common being the Type 2, which is what '05-'09 Mustangs without Nav had).

I'm really excited for what's coming up. I'm not allowed to talk about it, but when you see it, as well as what it can do, I think you'll agree.

Will we be able to update or 2010 mustang for these changes? I hope.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
Nope. I've got that combo. It's the Track Pack you can't get with the GR.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dconfer
Will we be able to update or 2010 mustang for these changes? I hope.
If you're referring to what's coming down the pipe for in-vehicle infotainment, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. Methinks they're going to release it as vehicles are released post-redesign, instead of with mid-style updates. I think there'd be some serious hardware replacement issues if they did otherwise. Nevertheless, time will tell.

Quick Reply: This is getting to be ridiculous