Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What exhaust to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Steve_05GT
1st Gear Member

Default What exhaust to get?

I have searched and searched and I am sort of leaning towards the SLP loudmouths. BUT....I have still not heard the bassanis, power flos, or the borlas. I tried the search but almost all of the links are dead when it comes to a sound bite. I am getting away fro, the flow masters because I think they are a bit to quiet.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What exhaust to get?

Exhaust Clips

The above link was posted in another link that someone got from another forum. It has soundbites for different exhausts. Hope it works for you.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:46 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Flowmaster American Thunder!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

Bassani's...

http://home.comcast.net/~kresstek/MisterRoper.wmv
Old 07-09-2005, 02:59 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Steve_05GT

I have searched and searched and I am sort of leaning towards the SLP loudmouths. BUT....I have still not heard the bassanis, power flos, or the borlas. I tried the search but almost all of the links are dead when it comes to a sound bite. I am getting away fro, the flow masters because I think they are a bit to quiet.
You can hear my PowerFlos here: https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=579598
Old 07-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Tehrab
1st Gear Member

MisterRoper's clip is the one that finally sold me on the Bassani's...and right now they're sitting at the local UPS distro center waiting for delivery on Monday. [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 07-09-2005, 06:32 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

if you want a loud deep throaty rumble that sounds great go to a muffler shop and have them create you "test pipes" to replace the mufflers only, mine cost me only $200 installed and thats with the larger 4" outlet polished bullet tips, that are cross cut and have rolled lip, looks really sharp and sounds awesome. then I would get some x pipes and either hi flow cats or no cats, if I were you....this will get you the power as well as the sound, swapping the axlebacks really doesnt do much for the power increase because you are only changing the last 18" of pipe, but this is where you can get great sound, everything else I have heard with mufflers on it havent gotten much better over the stock system, but I havent heard the Borlas, heard everything else.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Zeio
1st Gear Member

I also went with the Bassanis, and they have an awesome deep, throaty rumble and at WOT are mean as hell. The idle sound is great and reminds me of one of those old speed boats at idle. I was also looking at the Borlas and Corsa, but couldn't warrant spending that much extra for imo was no gain or difference in sound quality or performance, regardless of what Corsa claims to add to HP. The SLP loudmouths are also great, but a little too loud for my taste, but Don's powerflos sound great.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Just got back from installing my Powerflos... I love em! Put the CAI in, flashed the computer, then went to the auto hobbyshop on base, after picking up 6 quarts of 5W20 and a new filter. Put the pipes in and changed the oil. I am still dirty... hmm.. maybe I should take a shower???

The hardest part was getting the damned stock mufflers off... some of those bolt locations for the hangers... geeze!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Corsa cat-back mufflers promise 13 more horses but they are not cheap. Where talking about 699.00 dollars. The website also includes sound bites http://www.corsaperf.com/mustang.htm I myself, have MAC axle-backs and couldn't be happier.
ORIGINAL: Steve_05GT

[IMG]local://upfiles/11318/36F67C80CB2E4C32B5BCE8EA4E8BBADC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: What exhaust to get?